It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm

Free Newsletter

I really need a kick in the butt, so is this it

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I really need a kick in the butt, so is this it

Postby mrs mutt » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:22 am

Hi, my name is Robyn 49 yrs old and I am currently 78kgs and am looking to get down to around 65. I feel it is a big ask of my body but I am sure that I can a least give it a go. I have to say that even though I am overweight I am still happy and healthy (very rarely do I get ill).
I am at the moment living in Orange but will soon be moving to Wagga Wagga.
Tomorrow I am starting the CSIRO diet or way of eating and I hope that I can at least modify it so that I can stay on it, thare is a lot of food on it that I would not normally eat, so substitution would be the key for me.
Anyone else out there trying this much talked about eating plan?

That's about all for now, I hope to get to know you all in the near future. You really sound like a positive group of people, and congratulations to all who are losers in the fat war. :wink:

Robyn - If you think you can, or think you can't, you'll be proved right
mrs mutt

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:40 am

Hi Robyn, and welcome to the forum! Many of us on here are trying lots of different approaches to their weight loss journey, so I'm sure someone on here has tried the CSIRO. Substitution is definitely a big thing, particularly if you do eat a lot of junk but be sure you do it SLOWLY!! One food at a time.

I look forward to seeing you in the forum!
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby mrs mutt » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:24 am

Thanks Tegan
Yes I realise that it is going to be a long slow process but I am at that age where I am going through the whole gammut of things what with the change and all so I figure if I can beat the smoking beast (been nicotine free since 2000. A coincidence ?, that is when the weight arrived) then I should be able to tackle this. And I have the full understanding that it came on gradually so it is going to have to leave the same way. Well I can be just as stubborn as it can, and I am going to vow that I won't let it beat me. My 13kgs is on it's way out.

mrs mutt

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi Robyn, welcome to the forum,
Thats really wonderful news that you managed to stop smoking.

To make the weight loss ticker graph visual on this forum, you have to copy and paste the bbCode shown, not any of the other codes shown.
I look forward to seeing you around the various forum threads.

hugs
~ Dolly ~
Dolly

Postby Jenni » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:56 pm

Gday Robyn! I tried the CSIRO diet just after i had my little one and it worked wonders...

Before i became pregant i was 62kg, prior to giving birth, 94kg, about 3 weeks later 87kg and not moving an inch!!! So i did the CSIRO diet and i came down to 76. Ive managed to stabilise that without dieting, but now ive kicked myself into gear again and im just going down the health eating and lots of exercise road. Hopefully in about 6 weeks time i will be 69 kgs - next goal after that is 65.

I definately recommend the CSIRO diet, but you must stick to it vigilantly! Its sometimes hard to limit yourself to only a small amount of meat, but with this diet its imperitive becuase it works through building protien but not over doing it....

Good luck again - looking forward to hearing your reports!

Jen
Jenni

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:32 pm

Welcome Robyn

I think Hayley (from the forum) was on the CSIRO Diet although she was talking about changing to the Ultra Lite. Perhaps drop her a line to see how she found it???

Congratulations for staying a non-smoker for 6 years. I reckon if you can give up smoking, you can do anything. I gave up 6 months ago tomorrow, best and hardest thing I ever did. Now I'm trying to reach my next goal - to lose weight and keep it off.

Good luck in your weightloss journey,
catch you in the forum,
Angel
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Angel

Postby Fairie » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:46 pm

Hello Robyn,

Welcome to the forum. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby mrs mutt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:56 am

Hello Ladies, thank you all for the warm welcome.

I have had some bad news, I went out and bought a new scale (digital) and now I weigh 79.9 kg instead of 78 kg. So I have to fess up, otherwise I am cheating.

When trying out the scales in the shops I jumped on a weight watchers digi scale (floor model) that said I was 69 kg I so wanted to take that one home but hubby convinced me that it was probably fibbing to me, ok so he may be right on occasion, but why does it have to be now.

Day one on my new eating plan went ok, breakfast lunch and salmon steak and salad for dinner. I think I can do this.
:D
I am off to look around the sight now thanks once again for the welcome.

mrs mutt

Return to Introductions