It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

New girl in town

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New girl in town

Postby emmaline » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:22 pm

Hi guys!

My name is Emma and I'm a new member.
I'll admit I've been lurking for quite a while, but I finally bit the bullet and joined!

I'm 21 and can't remember a time when I felt good about my body.
I've always been the biggest of my friends (both taller and wider) and you can bet in any room my brain is working out if I'm the biggest.
Even when I was in high school and i was actually quite a healthy size, I'd always felt insecure.
And like so many others I find that the best thing to comfort me is food!

At the end of high school I started to really put on so I joined Weight Watchers. It worked for me and I lost probably 8 kilos...

For the next couple of years I yo-yo'd but kept it somewhat under control. Then last year I got a full time office job... and on came 10 kilos.
I'm currently at my biggest and on orders from the doctor to lose a a good 7 of kgs, but to be honest I'd like to lose more.

I just want to be HAPPY with the way I look for once. If I see two people looking in my direction and talking, I assume they're saying I'm fat. I stand in the lift with my co-workers and just KNOW that they think I'm a giant next to them. My gorgeous boyfriend in slim as a rake and I can just imagine what people think when they see us together. I don't always want to be that odd one out...

We went to the snow in July and I had to get on the scales for my skis... I did it while no one was around except the shopkeeper. And I literally saw his eyes pop out of his head when he saw my weight! I'm not massively overweight, but it's enough to have a huge impact on my life.

On my own, I've already lost maybe 4kilos, but each week it changes. I'm trying to stick to my weight watchers points (without meetings... I know cheap, but I don't have the time) but the problem is when I get home! My dad is an excellent cook and is forever making rich meals to which he takes offence if I don't eat them!
So I've also ordered 14 Lite n Easy dinners so that I can now say "Sorry dad, I have to eat my frozen dinner" without hurting his feelings..

Anyway! That was a really long winded post - sorry!!
I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I know so well how supportive you guys are from lurking for the last couple of months.
Happy Halloween :)
emmaline

Postby Mandie » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:41 pm

Hi Emma!

Welcome to the forum :)

I've always been the biggest of my friends (both taller and wider) and you can bet in any room my brain is working out if I'm the biggest.

I hear you there! Me too, me too! :) Even now I do it.. look around to see if I'm the biggest in the room.

You seem like you're on a sensible diet.. best of luck, you can do it! :)
Mandie

Postby Sas » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:42 pm

Welcome Emma!

Congrats on your loss so far. 4kg's is excellent! Good luck with your weigh tloss journey. I look forward to hearing about your progress.

If you have any questions about anything I'm sure there is someone here who can answer them for you. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive :)

Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:48 pm

Hi Emma and welcome to the forum! Well done on your loss so far! Keep it up!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:09 pm

:) Hi Emma and welcome 4kgs lost so far great work. I,m doing WW point,s to at home no meetings can,t afford it, I buy the WW mags and follow the recipes, I find it easy to do but it must be hard to stay on track if your Dad is a good cook maybe you can ask your Dad to make healthy versions of is wonderful dishes hey it will be good for everyone :wink: good luck plenty of support here like you said. They are a great bunch I,m so glad I joined the site, don,t focus on whether your the biggest or what other,s are thinking it is all about you, you want to feel good about yourself remember your doing this for you. You say your boyfriend is skinny well hey he is with you doesn,t that tell you that when he look,s at you he see,s so much more than the package he see,s you.
TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE..RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE....JULS
(CHINESE PROVERB)

GOING,GOING,GONE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:53 pm

welcome to the group emma. whats your starting weight? best wishes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby emmaline » Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:46 pm

Thanks so much guys!
I'm so glad I joined, I knew I'd find a great group of supportive people.
It's nice to be able to communicate with people who don't make a BIG deal about it!
Rather, who understand why I want to lose weight and don't make fun of me for it.

My starting weight was 79, so now I'm at 75ish I think.
I'm not super tall, so I would love to get to the low 60s...
Who knows!

And I totally agree what you're saying Going, Going Gone!
My dad has slowly cottoned on and will use low fat carnation milk and stuff like that occasionally... but then last night he made creme brulee! and I don't want to eat it, but he gets very upset if we don't.
I ate it in my room... and flushed most down the loo.
Terrible I know! But I'd hate to hurt his feelings!

Thanks again guys!!
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)
emmaline

Postby milkyway » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:02 pm

Hi Emma and welcome to the board :) Sounds like you've made some fantastic progress already and your head is in the right space. Keep it up :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi Emma I,m Juls (GOING, GOING, GONE) :) I know it must be hard not to hurt your Dad,s feeling,s, Creme brulee Yumm, tell Dad it is great as alway,s but could you have just a little bit the same with the main meal just cut back on your portion size. Try not to eat empty calories for your snacks include more apples, it sound,s like your doing not to bad anyway so keep it up.
TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE..RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE....JULS
(CHINESE PROVERB)

GOING,GOING,GONE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:26 pm

yep i agree you can still enjoy those things but maybe have a couple of spoonfuls and save the rest? its not about depriving yourself (losing weight) its about understanding nutrition and putting more good stuff in your body!
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am

Hey Emma welcome to the forum, glad that you finally joined the forum, Congratulation on your loss so far. That's fantastic Goodluck with your weightloss journey & if you need any help just sing out.
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:21 am

Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Return to Introductions