It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:36 pm

Free Newsletter

NEW TOO

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

NEW TOO

Postby mummaren » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Just found your site, just sick of being fat.

I think I have been on a diet my whole life. Like most good large girls, I blame my mum! she dragged me along to weight watchers at the tender age of 12 after spending the first 10 years of my life charging me full of cream buns and sausage rolls!!!!

About 5 years ago, after my third child and 20 years of dieting I gave up and just took a well deserved "break"

Well I am 39 in about 1 month and have reached an all time high of 105kgs. (It hurts to sit too long, my belly is soooo big!)

I NEED HELP,,,,, INSPIRATION,,,,,, PREVAILING COMMON SENSE,,,,,,

I know what to do, I just need the motivation and will power to do it. Eat less, Moove more!!!!

My biggest downfall is of all things ALCOHOL....
How can something that feels so good, just be so bad for you!!!!
I love my champer, red, spirits and just hate the thought of not drinking at all. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BUT....
I am always learning and yearning so please any tips will help ....
and yes I am getting up in the morning to walk
and yes I will begin to limit my alcohol intake!!!

The break really is over, isn't it :cry:

25 Kgs to go then maybe :D

Stay in touch.
xxxxxx mummaren
Is diet a dirty word?
mummaren

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:26 pm

hey mummaren

welcome to the group, your story sounds a lot like many i have read on this forum and parts of my own life as well. you will get heaps of support here. you are on the right track now and made the big step of putting your foot down and making a difference to your health. we all have our weakness foods and drinks. i dont touch alcohol but i am a sucker for chocolate and icecream LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby mummaren » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:45 pm

thanks Kate, look forward to sharing the road to health!
Is diet a dirty word?
mummaren

Postby JP1 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:44 pm

Welcome to the forum, funny you should mention alcohol because I have been reading up on it lately and i reckon it was the single biggest factor in my weight gain over the years. I'm male but look at some of my friends who can drink all day and are skinny as a rake and wonder how they do it?

Believe me until the past few days I didn't even know there was no fat in beer, problem is though when I've drunk in the past I've eaten crisps, nuts, anything and anything 'fast' I can get my hands on and its all just gone to my body because little did I know alcohol takes so long to break down that it doesn't give the other stuffs time to be broken down properly and hence they just get added on. Getting back to my skinny mates, i then realised that they didn't eat while they drank so they never put on weight.

Anyway am older and wiser now, hehe and don't drink nearly quite as much as I did so its not too much of a problem for me now although I have always been a bit of a sweet tooth too which has been the reason why I haven't lost in the last few years even though my alcohol intake reduced (until recently of course.)

So good luck with your weight loss but think about your alcohol intake because it is a huge factor, once you get that under control, start some light exercises and reduce calorie and fat intake I am sure you can start reaping the rewards.

Regards,
JP.
JP1

Postby Bel Diamante » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:51 pm

Hi Mummaren :D

I joined tonight too. Welcome :D
Best of luck with your journey!
I'm looking forward myself to getting lots of inspiration on here.

Cheers,
Nicky.
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:49 am

Hi mummaren and welcome to the forum! Try not to think of it as a deprivation and a chore - if you want the weight to stay off, the changes you make need to be lifelong. You don't have to give up the things you love entirely, they just have to be "sometimes" foods. Find something you enjoy and can live with that is healthy, and I can guarantee that it's much easier to stick with when the going gets tough.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby tanya » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:03 am

Welcome to the forum mummaren
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:47 am

welcome aboard mummaren! :)

like tegan (butterfly dawn) said, you need to make small changes that are manageable..

if you currently drink alcohol every day, maybe you could get down to every second day for a while.. then maybe twice a week... then try for once a week... and then see if you can go maybe two weeks or so and make it a fortnightly thing for a while.. etc etc

you CAN do this! good luck :)
Mandie

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:27 pm

yeah i never grew up in a house of drinkers so i don't drink much myself, but it does tend to go to your waistline eventually. One of my bestmates has that problem :) i tell her at least switch to just three glasses of red wine through the week but she wants to drink three glasses of bourbon/night - with full sugar coke. Thats half the problem right there :P

and i totally know about the weightwatchers thing. I felt so mortified going there when i was really young (my mum dragged me there too)

good luck darl xx
candycane

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Hiya Mummaren and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby GOING,GOING,GONE » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:48 am

Hi Mummaren, and WELCOME and congrats on putting your foot down and deciding to do something about it. I don,t drink that much I,m a social drinker maybe a couple of glasses once a month if I go out with friends, but my Dad was and I agree with JP it is the munchies that go hand in hand with the alchohol that is a killer all the wrong foods chips fast food they all complement each other so well and are soooo yummy but you know what you should do and thats a good thing so, good luck we are all on this journey together so reach out there is always plenty of help and support.

Take care..

JULS
TENSION IS WHO YOU THINK YOU SHOULD BE..RELAXATION IS WHO YOU ARE....JULS
(CHINESE PROVERB)

GOING,GOING,GONE

Postby kirsty » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:47 am

Welcome to the site :D

You really can do it :D
kirsty

Postby help6363 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:58 am

Hello and welcome....

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss! :D

My downfall or weakeness is chocolate......I have a small piece eat day and count it into my calories. Maybe you could do the same with alcohol.

Sweetie, you can do whatever you put your mind to - NEVER give up on yourself!
help6363

Postby milkyway » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:58 pm

Hi Mummaren - I too have a weakness for alcohol. I love a glass of white wine (or six :oops: :P ) but I am so much better than I was. I've learned that it's about moderation rather than denial, though I do have the odd slip up/ boozy night out with friends...

All the best for your weightloss journey.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions