It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

Free Newsletter

Hey, peoples!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey, peoples!

Postby Tozzie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:51 pm

Hello, everyone!

The name's Tori - and I'm medically obese. Yay...

My BMI is 38 at the moment. I'm 18 years old, and I should really be in the prime of my youth... but I'm not. My boyfriend and I got a scale, and I always told myself I'd never hit 100kg... but hey, there I was 3 days ago: 100.7 kg. Sure, it's not way over 100, but it's still over there. It felt horrible... I cried for a long time, that day.

Then it hit me. I was just sitting around crying about it, and doing nothing. How was that gonna fix anything??

So I went to the doctor the next morning and he put me on OptiFast - it's like, replacement meals, but as milkshakes and snack bars. I have one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner, plus 2 cups of low starch vegetables throughout the day. And I exercise it ALL off! Plus more ;-)

Ihave to do this for the next three to five weeks, depending how I feel, and then go on to having light meals, graudlaly, replacing the old stuff. They're so filling, and they give me so much energy! :D But so few calories! yaayy!

In the last 3 days, I've lost just over a kilo :D It's great - I'm under 100kg now! And I'm going to go further, until I lose 30 to 40 kg. I want to have the perfect weight for me. :D

The thing is - motivation.

I joined for motivation! I need to stick with this and keep going u ntil I get there... then I needa stay there. But it's the getting there part for now.

So ... I guess I'll seeya 'round. Hoping to get some exercise buddies, maybe, assuming nobody's gonna stalk me! ^______^
Tozzie

Postby milkyway » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:30 pm

Hey Toni and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story. You sure seem motivated which is great :) Good on you for tackling your weightloss now at this age, rather than waiting a day longer.

There are quite a few topics here about Optifast so you do a search, you'll find lots of good advice and information.

I look forward to hearing about your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JP1 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:36 pm

welcome and good luck
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the OptiFast program :)
Mandie

Re: Hey, peoples!

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:34 pm

Tozzie wrote:Hello, everyone!

The name's Tori - and I'm medically obese. Yay...

My BMI is 38 at the moment. I'm 18 years old, and I should really be in the prime of my youth... but I'm not. My boyfriend and I got a scale, and I always told myself I'd never hit 100kg... but hey, there I was 3 days ago: 100.7 kg. Sure, it's not way over 100, but it's still over there. It felt horrible... I cried for a long time, that day.

Then it hit me. I was just sitting around crying about it, and doing nothing. How was that gonna fix anything??

So I went to the doctor the next morning and he put me on OptiFast - it's like, replacement meals, but as milkshakes and snack bars. I have one for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner, plus 2 cups of low starch vegetables throughout the day. And I exercise it ALL off! Plus more ;-)

Ihave to do this for the next three to five weeks, depending how I feel, and then go on to having light meals, graudlaly, replacing the old stuff. They're so filling, and they give me so much energy! :D But so few calories! yaayy!

In the last 3 days, I've lost just over a kilo :D It's great - I'm under 100kg now! And I'm going to go further, until I lose 30 to 40 kg. I want to have the perfect weight for me. :D

The thing is - motivation.

I joined for motivation! I need to stick with this and keep going u ntil I get there... then I needa stay there. But it's the getting there part for now.

So ... I guess I'll seeya 'round. Hoping to get some exercise buddies, maybe, assuming nobody's gonna stalk me! ^______^

Hello and welcome! :D

I look forward to reading your successful weight loss story in the near future
help6363

Re: Hey, peoples!

Postby jess,kaine,kiamba » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:40 pm

[hi, im new 2day as well so hopfully we can keep an eye on each other] i've got about 30kgs 2 lose my self. yuk i hate saying that but i can do it.. :)
jess,kaine,kiamba

Postby Chelle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:01 pm

Hey Tozzie welcom to the forum thankyou for sharing your story & look forward to reading you progress in the future Goodluck with opti slim it seem to be working for you.
Chelle

Return to Introductions