It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi, I guess this is where I spill my guts right?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I guess this is where I spill my guts right?

Postby jojogirl » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:17 pm

Hi every1. Im a 32yr old married mum of 2 boys and I want lose weight by creating healthy habbits instead of holding onto the bad ones. I want to lose 30-40kg with no specific time limit.
My bad habbits include...
* cheese...mmmm i love cheese.
* alcohol...i love having a couple(3)of vodka and lemon or scotch and coke zero each night with hubbie when he finishes work.
* rice/pasta...I just love em (cant get enough)
I dont drink tea or coffee. I never use butter. I never add sugar to anything. I really struggle with exercise which I am going to try and make my friend.
So I guess when I can curb theese bad habbits and get busy with exercise I will hopefully be on my way to being a sucess story.
My family eat the same things and I am the only 1 with a weight issue so I think I may have a slow metabolism. My kids thankfully are fit and slim who will be able to help me by coming on walks with me.
Well, I feel better now and I look forward to my journey because I know that I am not alone. :D

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:24 pm

welcome to the forum, well you are ahead of the game already because you know your weaknesses, I love cheese too but its basically a no no, at least you are drinking lo cal mixers with you vodka but try to cut down, add just a splash to the coke to start with and you will feel like you are partaking with hubbie. Rice/pasta in itself isn't too bad though try to make it brown rice but what are you having with the pasta? A rich sauce will spoil a lot of your hard work. The rest you are doing is fine and you know exercise is a must. Good luck, look forward to seeing your progress :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:28 pm

welcome to the forum :)

small changes make big differences. exercise is the key to speeding up your metabolism, so try and fit in 30 minutes every day. you can break it up into 3x 10 minute blocks if you want to, and you can do whatever you like - an exercise dvd, walking, running, dancing etc, as long as you get moving and get sweaty :)

Good luck!

Postby milkyway » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:01 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I finally realised why I wasn't losing weight after months of being perplexed - I was eating all the rights things... I was just eating too much of it!

I got myself a pair of kitchen scales and joined and learned exactly what is a portion size. I'd been eating 2-3 serves of rice with every meal (yep, breakfast included!).

Cheese is divine. Don't deny yourself. Switch to a low fat version or just work it into your daily calorie & fat intake. The more you deny yourself, the more likely you are to binge.

As for alcohol - just try to reduce the number of evenings you drink with your husband. You don't have to stop completely. It's lots of these small changes that add up to big changes in the long term and they have to be sustainable or you'll regain your lost weight.

Best of luck!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby candycane » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:27 pm

Hi jojo!

welcome to the forum. You've already been given some great ideas, i think portion size is a biggun though. It's good you dont add sugar or eat butter regularly or drink coffee!

Its also good you've already identified some foods as weaknesses. It was also important for me to identify the inbetweener snacks like 'oh a handful of chips won't kill me' type of snacks. When you add them up they contribute to weight gain significantly i think.

Goodluck on your transformation :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...

Postby lng86 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:45 pm

Welcome and best wishes!

If you have any questions - please feel free to ask!

To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:50 pm

mmmm cheeeeeeeese! hehehe :lol:
Image to the forum :) I look forward to getting to know you ;) xx

Postby help6363 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Hello and welcome!

I look forward to reading about your success story! :D

Postby iwilldoit! » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:29 am

Hello and welcome! I can relate to what you say about your family eating the same as you but not putting on weight. Most of my friends put little thought in to what they eat and don't exersize but are at a good weight. They never really focus on their weight and yet they dont't put it on. It's so unfair! Anyway that's life I suppose. Good luck and keep posting.
- - - - - - - - -!

Return to Introductions