It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:18 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Leonie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:26 pm

Good evening,

Not only am I new to the need to loose weight, but I am also new to online forums!!! So I may need some support...

I will try to keep my history breif.

As a teenager I was alway what you might call curvacious, but not by any means overweight. As a young adult I became quite slim and up until I got married, moved to another city, set up a new life I began to slowly gain weight.

Unnoticable at first, but as soon as I became pregnant (the light of my life, a beautiful daughter) I very quickly ballooned. I have since had my second pregnancy which unfortunately ended with the death of my son.

As a result grief and depression had kept me unable to cope with much more than the daily aspects of life, and my weight just did not seem very important. But, they say time heals all... I don't agree, I think time helps to teach you how to cope...

Six months has passed and I have now regained a feeling of purpose in my life. I never neglected my daughter and husband, but I did neglect my career and myself. I am opening my own business (a career goal before I found out I was pregnant the second time) but this leaves one part of my life needing attention... ME

When I married my weight was 55kg. Weighing in this morning at 71.3 kg, with a goal weight of 60 kg by 15 February 2008.

Did I say I would try to keep it breif??? Hmm

Wish me luck!

Leonie
Leonie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:04 pm

Hi there :) welcome to the forum...and thanks for sharing :) Im so so sorry for your loss, I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for you. You sound as though you have tremendous strength to have come through it as you have
Good on you for making the (huge!) step and deciding to do something about your weight :) You will get plenty of support here ;) Cant wait to get to know you :) xxx Grace
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:38 pm

I'm sorry for your loss.

But, it's time to heal and move on and what better way then getting healthy again? Welcome to the forum, best of luck with your weight loss :)
Mandie

Postby JP1 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:08 pm

welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your loss, wish you good luck in your endeavours and sing out if you need advice, theres some nice people here to give you some tips and motivation.
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby milkyway » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:39 pm

hello and welcome to the forum. You sure have been through a lot, but good on you for taking the initiative to get healthy. Stick around and you'll find loads of support, empathy and motivation :)

I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby help6363 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:11 pm

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss story in the near future! :D
help6363

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Welcome, its not easy to get thru a death but im sure he's looking down hoping u can be happy, goodluck with ur goal weight, im sure u'll look great.
soon2bayummymummy

Re: New Member

Postby help6363 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:19 pm

Leonie wrote:Good evening,

Not only am I new to the need to loose weight, but I am also new to online forums!!! So I may need some support...

I will try to keep my history breif.

As a teenager I was alway what you might call curvacious, but not by any means overweight. As a young adult I became quite slim and up until I got married, moved to another city, set up a new life I began to slowly gain weight.

Unnoticable at first, but as soon as I became pregnant (the light of my life, a beautiful daughter) I very quickly ballooned. I have since had my second pregnancy which unfortunately ended with the death of my son.

As a result grief and depression had kept me unable to cope with much more than the daily aspects of life, and my weight just did not seem very important. But, they say time heals all... I don't agree, I think time helps to teach you how to cope...

Six months has passed and I have now regained a feeling of purpose in my life. I never neglected my daughter and husband, but I did neglect my career and myself. I am opening my own business (a career goal before I found out I was pregnant the second time) but this leaves one part of my life needing attention... ME

When I married my weight was 55kg. Weighing in this morning at 71.3 kg, with a goal weight of 60 kg by 15 February 2008.

Did I say I would try to keep it breif??? Hmm

Wish me luck!

Leonie

Chin up....71.3kgs isn't that bad and you can easily lose the weight! :D

Good on you for focusing on yourself - well done! I think that's so great! :D I look forward to hearing about your career!!!

What appraoch to weight loss are you taking? I am calorie counting and exercising. I do believe everyone has a different approach and I respect all approaches..... the way I see it is we are all different, so diifferent things work for different people! Gosh, I dribble, huh?

Oh, hello and welcome

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss!
help6363

Postby Leonie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Thank you all so much for your good wishes. It heartens me to know that there are such caring people out there.

To answer the last reply (no name left, I think it was from help???) I am planning to use the calorie control method. I already exercise every day and have always done so. I just have to ignore my husband's requests for something made from pasta or rice every night... Unlike him, I am not 6 foot tall and built like a rake!

I log off now, speak to you all again after the weekend...

Leonie :)
Leonie

Postby help6363 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:20 pm

Sorry Leonie.......my name is Michelle! :D
help6363

Return to Introductions