It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Yet another newbie

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Yet another newbie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:55 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to lose weight with good tips and advice so I decided to join this forum.

I started at 78kg over a year ago and through various 'diets' (or rather 'lifestyle changes I couldn't keep up') I'm now down to 73kg. To get into my healthy BMI range I need to lose another 5kg so I'm hoping this forum will provide the inspiration to do it!

I'm a vegan so eating lots of fruit and veg isn't an issue. My main problem is portion control. Oh, and alcohol. I looooove a few glasses of wine in the evening so I'm trying to find ways to cut that out as I'm sure it's one of the main reasons I'm losing weight so slowly. Right now I'm trying calorie counting, filling up half my plate at each meal with veggies and salad and combining all of that with increased exercise.

Nice to meet you all!
EvilWombatQueen

Re: Yet another newbie

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:42 am

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm trying to lose weight with good tips and advice so I decided to join this forum.

I started at 78kg over a year ago and through various 'diets' (or rather 'lifestyle changes I couldn't keep up') I'm now down to 73kg. To get into my healthy BMI range I need to lose another 5kg so I'm hoping this forum will provide the inspiration to do it!

I'm a vegan so eating lots of fruit and veg isn't an issue. My main problem is portion control. Oh, and alcohol. I looooove a few glasses of wine in the evening so I'm trying to find ways to cut that out as I'm sure it's one of the main reasons I'm losing weight so slowly. Right now I'm trying calorie counting, filling up half my plate at each meal with veggies and salad and combining all of that with increased exercise.

Nice to meet you all!

Hello and welcome! :D

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future :D
help6363

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:40 am

Hi welcome to the forum :)
Sounds like you have a good plan ;) take care xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby sunshine » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:55 pm

Welcome and I hear ya about the alcohol, if I could give up my little tipple now and then I know I could lose weight faster, but with 3 kids 6 and under, I NEED MY WINE :D Best wishes
sunshine

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

I think anyone with children under 6 deserves a free pass when it comes to alcohol. Of course the thing that scares me is that I tend to 'need' my evening wine even without children. Imagine how much I'll end up drinking when I have kids to deal with!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:12 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.
chubbywife79

Return to Introductions