It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:39 pm

Free Newsletter

I have arrived

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I have arrived

Postby Bubbles » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:31 pm

I am attempting to loose weight . I am a stay at home mum (at the moment). I live in Sydney Australia. I am only a few kilos overweight but I seem to not have any control over it. I lost 9.5kilos with weight watchers a few years ago but I have put most of it back on and it just keeps edging up. I know it is possible to loose it but I really do not want to have to devote vast periods of time to weight loss like I did last time. I thought the only thing I am really missing is a supportive community of other weight loosers so this is why I am joining this forum.

I really only want to loose about 3.5 kilos. Not much I know but I just can't do it. I am now going to publicly commit to:

Go to the gym 2 times a week,
Walk the dog at least every second day and if possible every day,
Drink no more than 1 glass of wine every second day,
Eat only fruit or veg for snacks.

Until I have lost the weight.

I will have to do more than that but it is a start.

Thanks guys,

Postby scoots » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:43 pm

welcome, and good luck on reaching your goals!!! :)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 am

Hi ;) welcome to the forum ;) It can be very difficult for people to lose the last few kilos, it sounds like you have a good plan to get there, and you will get lots of support from us here ;)
My one concern though, is that you wrote that you would do a. b. c. etc until you had lost the weight...I think it would be far better for you (and also in maintaining the weightloss) if you kept up the plan (whatever that is) that you had put in place to lose the weight forever :) Maybe that means altering it a bit, so that it is sustainable for life... Small changes that you can keep up forever are the way to go and the way to maintain your loss ;) take care! xxx

Postby Bubbles » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks for the welcome Scoots and Playboy-bunny. It is nice to feel part of the community and motivating.

You are completely correct Playboy-bunny that I should continue this plan to some extent as a maintenance thing. I will be looking forward to having a couple of glasses of wine at a sitting when I am done though!

My problem when I lost the weight before was not so much the day to day maintenance, I was okay with that (not perfect mind you). It was really the unusual things that occurred, things like, I took on a job for 4 months and lgained weight because my focus was on just managing everything. I had less time to prepare yummy healthy food and probably ate just a little more than usual. I also exercised less. You can get away with that for a week or two but over four months I put on a few kilos and I just couldn't get them off. Then when my darling Dad passed away this year, at first I didn't eat and then I just didn't care what I ate. Again a few extra kilos. Now I don't actually want to get to 57.5 kilos which is what I got down to at weight watchers. I just want to get to 60. That is a good weight for me. 57.5 is just too hard to maintain, I would have to be on lettuce for the rest of my life and I just don't want that.

Don't you just love my new ticker, I am so proud of it!

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:35 am

Welcome :) Love the new ticker!

Postby help6363 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:01 pm

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future :D

Postby Bubbles » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks guys, this is quite fun!

Postby milkyway » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:58 am

Hiya Bubbles (cool name!). Welcome to the forum and I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions