It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi everybody, great forum

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi everybody, great forum

Postby Blobber » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi everybody,
I have been reading this forum on and off and I finally decided to join. I have certainly battled with my weight since I was young. I was always called big boned (another word for fat I guess). I was always hoping that I would grow out of it; a bit unfortunately that this never happened. I have usually sat around 120kg (182cm tall).

I became a surgeon and I currently work in Sydney. Because of my tough working hours (usually more than 80h per week) I always had an excuse not to exercise. My weight had been going gradually up since I started University; I certainly had good excuses for not doing anything about it “I have to study”.

There have been periods where I managed to get my weight down. The lowest I managed to reach was 83kg about 10 years ago, unfortunately this only lasted 1 year before I gradually let myself go because of work.

As a doctor and surgeon I have extensive knowledge on what I should be doing. Goes to show; knowing and doing is not always the same thing.

I finally told myself that enough is enough and I have to get myself together and actually do what I’m telling my patients to do; lose weight. So since the beginning of the year I have been trying to follow my own and others advise. So far I have lost 25kg in 8 months. I hope to lose more and not to gain it back.

I think that everyone in the forum is doing a great job. It is tough to lose weight but it is definitely possible.
Dr. Beldholm
Surgeon in Sydney
Blobber

Postby Jisgone » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:22 pm

hi and welcome along :)

your our second doctor! mandi has just graduated and is always full of great info

i think at the end of the day 90% of people know how to lose weight, but everyone leads such a busy life and the best intentions dont make the weight drop of unfortunately

i hope you find the site helpful and full of support

jewles
Jisgone

Postby Mandie » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey there Dr Blobber! :)

I know what you mean about those tough surgical hours.. the surgeons I've seen are always working working working, and then eating chocolates and quick foods at lunch (like pies, sausage rolls) because they have no time! Not a good lifestyle at all!

I've just graduated with my MBBS from UWA here in Perth.. starting work at Royal Perth Hospital as an intern in Jan. I think I am going to be a GP, I have always liked surgery but in the end I'm going for lifestyle and I wanna have a family soon and stuff.. so yeah..surgery is not for me! Plus, I really enjoy GP. I have a pretty big interested in lifestyle and healthy eating and exercise and stuff so I'd love to be a GP and try to make a difference for as many patients as I can! :)

Good to see another doc on the boards!
Mandie

Postby Jisgone » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:57 pm

now i have two doctors in the one place can someone tell me how to get rid of this cold thats driving me up the wall :P im destroying forests with the ammount of tissues im using!
Jisgone

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 am

haha jewels, I just had that cold, went through MOUNTAINS of tissues, it was awful! Joel said I had "infinite snot"!

Now I'm okay though, but watch out for the cough that hangs around after the cold.. so annoying!
Mandie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:42 am

welcome to the forum :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Sas » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:40 am

Welcome! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby scoots » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:01 am

welcome and congrats on the 25kg you have lost this year!! :D

I know what you mean about the knowing what to do doesn't mean you do it, i'm a nurse so yeah, have that knowledge too....hehe...i am at least starting to act on that now!!!
scoots

Postby help6363 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future :D

Well done on your weight loss to date.....that's fantastic :D
help6363

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi Dr and welcome to the forum. The ladies here are very supportive group. Nice to have doctors here just show they human.
chubbywife79

Return to Introductions