It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm New (and this is very long)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm New (and this is very long)

Postby Haylez » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:40 am

Hey Guys,

I decided that it's time to stop trying to deal with everything myself and to come and get some support in losing weight.

I have had the worse year of my life, breaking up with my long term (5 years) partner, meeting someone else only to be hurt, having all my friends walk out on me, amongst a lot of other crap. It doesn't sound as bad when I summarise it like that, lol.

When I was 18 I was a size 10-12, I weighed 65kg (which was a little bit underweight for me), I had a 12DD bra size and I was fit and happy with myself.

I always wanted to join the police force, but i didn't have my license whenh i finished year 12, so I went to uni instead to get a degree before I joined up. But with uni comes a lot of sitting around. Because I was always studying I found myself getting hungry more often. I would have breakfast at 7am, then by 10am I was starving again so I would go get chips and gravby, then lunch time at 12 I would get schnitzel chips and gravy, then about 3pm I would eat again and then come home and have a huge tea. Hence why in 6 months I put on 20kg. I started getting depressed and I felt because I couldn't control my weight I was a failure at everything else and I started failing uni and just gave up.

I hvaen't put on any weight since then, but I haven't lost any either (I'm 21 now). I've lost in inches, but not in kilos.

I am so addicted to junk food. If I don't have takeaway at least once a day I get angry and grumpy and really moody. I try to give it up, but the cravings are just so bad. I've told my friends not to let me buy takeaway, but when im craving it, I have to have it and i get grumpy towards them until they let me have it (I sound like a spoiled little brat). I try to eat healthy. My mum makes great meals, but after tea I will still go out and get McDonalds.

I know that I don't need the food, because I'm not even hungry when i eat it, I just have to eat it.

I pretend that my weight doesn't bother me because I don't want people thinking I'm weak, so I laugh it off all teh time.

In saying that, I'm not really that big. I'm a size 16 in pants (I do have a big bum and big legs). I have a stomach (don't we all) and a size 14F bra (which is really bad on my back).

I really need help to lose some weight and tone up so I can get the career I've always wanted and so I can be happy.

I'm hoping that if I start taking meal replacements for lunch I will eventually stop going and getting maccas. Quitting cold turkey isn't good for me, it just makes the cravings worse.

I hope that I can find support from you guys, and offer some support back.

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:00 am

Hi Haylez and welcome to the forum! Uni is a pain for putting on weight but it IS possible to get around it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby lng86 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:01 am

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing your journey... I know that a lot of us can relate!

If you need any help, please ask.

Best wishes,

P.S. My advice to you is to keep a daily journal of what you eat, when you eat it and your mood at that current time. You might see a pattern!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:05 am

hi :) thanks for sharing your story ;)
welcome to the forum :) xxx

Postby Sas » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 am

Welcome to the forum and good luck with you loss! :)

I put a lot of weight on my first year at uni too. I found that taking my lunches helped the situation. That way I didn't go to the refectory and wasn't tempted by all the bad food. I have never been good at choosing the good food over the bad food in those sorts of situations.

I agree with Ing86 that a food diary might be a good thing for you to start as well :)

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress :)

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forum !

I've only been a member for a couple of weeks and found nothing but support !

Good luck on your journey, if you need anything sing out :)

SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby scoots » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:13 pm

hello, and welcome :D

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:39 pm

Welcome aboard. If you need anything - just sing out loud and we will answer the call. This forum is like one big happy family.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Postby emmalito » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:01 pm

Hi, and welcome from me as well.

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:28 pm

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading your successful weight loss story in the near future :D

Do you have a journal here?

Return to Introductions