It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Newbie here!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie here!

Postby curveymum » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Hello all

I'm new to this forum, and have around 20kg to lose. I am a mum of 3 children ages 14, 10 and 6, and a wife to a husband who is fit and never has to watch what he eats >:( My current weight is 82kg, and I'm 5.3ft and have been told I have a large frame. My goal weight range is between 62 - 65 kg. I have really struggled with weightloss over the past five years, ever since I started reading about extreme low carb diets.....now I feel paranoid about everything I eat. I'm aslo some what of a procrastinator, always putting it off "until next week" Looking forward to sharing my journey will you all, and gaining new tips and motivation from y'all.
curveymum

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi and welcome!

We have very similar situations, I am 5"4 and weigh 87kg and my goal weight is around 65kg. My hubby is also very fit and healthy.

I have 1 son, 13 yo.

You will find heaps of support, encouragement and advice here. Everyone is great and all here for each other.

Where abouts do you live? I'm in Perth.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby curveymum » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi there. I'm currently living in New Zealand. My youngest son was born while we were living in Perth. We lived in Fremantle, well Coogee to be exact. We are hoping to move back to Australia next year, and will be moving to Brisbane. Been in New Zealand for 5 years and feel it's time to move on!

I'm looking forward to doing all this on my own.....and this forum as support of course!....(I've tried JC, WW and SS with only short term results) and finding the power within myself to break free of this burden.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wV7oC95/]
[/url]
curveymum

Postby scoots » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:12 pm

hello and welcome, I used to live in the Fremantle area also (Willagee to be exact) till i moved to Canberra in January!!

I know what you mean about the trying various things and not getting the desired result, have been there also and started "doing it my own way" nearly 2 weeks ago and i am finding it sooooooooo much easier than any of the programs i did, i think because i am still eating food i like and i'm not getting that sense of failure if i eat something i'm "not allowed" to eat :D

anyway, i look forward to hearing of your progress, i find this forum and these people very supportive, whether you're doing good or not so good!!! :D
scoots

Postby electrongirl » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:17 pm

there are so many different programs out there and so many different people, one thing that works for someone, doesn't always work for another.

If you find something that works for you, stick with it.

There are quite a lot of people on here who have tried it all and are now doing it on their terms, and its working for them!

I myself need the discipline of WW. Its worked for me in the past and I also love my leader and the other ladies.

But I also find great support here!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, I saw you said you from NZ what part? I'm a true kiwi here and I'm from South Island.
chubbywife79

Postby milkyway » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Welcome aboard and I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby curveymum » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:10 am

Thanks for your welcomes! I've officailly started as of today.

I agree with you electrongirl, what works for one, may not work for another. What really worked for me was sureslim, and although I'm on my own, I'm using my old plan loosely.

I'm from Auckland myself.....but grew up in Samoa, and have lived in Perth, Melbourne and Sydney. My hubby and I don't like to stay in one place too long!
[/url]
curveymum

Postby Mummyof3 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:16 am

hey ya curveymum

welcome to the forum, nice to see someone who is in NZ, I stay in NZ as well, Sth Auckland....

I look forward to getting to know you, :D Good luck with your Goals...
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby Justjudy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:49 am

Hi Curveymum :) Welcome to the forum! I too am a shorty I am only 5 foot (no inches) and weigh about 81 kg so I know how you are feeling. I also have 3 offspring (all boys) 16, 10 and 4 - a little more spread out, but I do sympathise with the juggling act between them and losing weight.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby mummy2three » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi there Curveymum,

I'm from New-Zealand (Bay of Plenty) moved to Oz when I was a baby and grew up in Perth (Lesmurdie - hills girl!). Spent heaps of time on Coogee beach as a kid (when I would happily wear bathers). I too have three kids aged 8, 6 and 1 and a fit husband who thinks 3 kilo gain is HUGE. I recently moved over from Perth to Melbourne and sadly brought an extra 25 kilos :shock:.

I am 163cm tall and have a goal of 65kilos (approx 25 to lose) which I hope to reach by April when I go home to NZ for the first time in 10 years. I have pretty much struggled with my weight since having my kids (little darlings :lol:).

I've joined the Valentines Day challenge to which gives me a set goal by a specific date. I wish you all the best with your goals and look forward to seeing your progress.
On a mission to return to 'PRE-BABY' glory days!
My loves Frazer 8, Clay 7 & Harper 2

mummy2three

Postby curveymum » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Thank you all for your kind words! I already feel soooooooo supported by you all, and it's really motivating.

Very excited about getting to know you all on my journey. Will try to post a before pic of myself tomorrow...............when I can work up the courage! :)
[/url]
curveymum

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:49 pm

Hello! :) I hope you have fun and get lots of support here, it's a really useful site! ;) Good luck!
rivenriver

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:35 am

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future :D
help6363

Return to Introductions