It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am

Free Newsletter

Hi all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi all

Postby bferbear » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:14 pm

I have bitten the bullet in the last few months and admitted to myself that I had issues that needed to be sorted. My lifestyle was killing me and I had been in denial long enough. I gave up drinking 6 months ago, quit smoking 2 1/2 months ago and am now at the stage where I am making dietary and exercise changes to drop weight.

As of today I weighed 156kgs. Whilst I do not expect any variation in the latter number, I want to seriously lower the former. I have set myself a target of 100kgs by the end of September next year, which I felt was a realistic aim.

I am hoping to gain some motivation for myself in the coming months by reading of the success of other people on this site, and am looking forward to the tips and assistance that the forum members will be able to share.
bferbear

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:34 pm

Hi there Bear,

Congrats on taking that first step, to do something. It is generally the hardest one to take.

How are you going to reach your goal ? Are you going on a program ? Calorie counting program ? WW ?

Do you have any mini goals that you'd like to achieve ? Such as New Year .. New Weight ?

Welcome and you'll find this place is a wealth of support and ideas :)

Helen
xx
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby rivenriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:42 pm

Welcome! And good on you for making that first leap! It's gonna be hard, but you'll be able to do it! And giving up drinking and smoking? You've clearly got a heap of strength! It's gonna serve you well! Go you!! :)
rivenriver

Re: Hi all

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:33 am

bferbear wrote:I have bitten the bullet in the last few months and admitted to myself that I had issues that needed to be sorted. My lifestyle was killing me and I had been in denial long enough. I gave up drinking 6 months ago, quit smoking 2 1/2 months ago and am now at the stage where I am making dietary and exercise changes to drop weight.

As of today I weighed 156kgs. Whilst I do not expect any variation in the latter number, I want to seriously lower the former. I have set myself a target of 100kgs by the end of September next year, which I felt was a realistic aim.

I am hoping to gain some motivation for myself in the coming months by reading of the success of other people on this site, and am looking forward to the tips and assistance that the forum members will be able to share.

Hello and welcome

I look forwrad to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future :D
help6363

Postby bferbear » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:16 am

GoddessInside wrote:How are you going to reach your goal ? Are you going on a program ? Calorie counting program ? WW ?

Do you have any mini goals that you'd like to achieve ? Such as New Year .. New Weight ?

Helen
xx

Firstly, thankyou for the rapid welcomes. I was stunned to see that I had replies overnight.

In answer to your question, I am not on any organised program. I am simply going to watch what I eat, and exercise daily. I have started preparing my own meals instead of buying them from a cafe or restaurant (I hadnt cooked in nearly 3 years). I make an extra serve of either salad or veges at dinner which I take to work for lunch the next day etc. I am doing 45 mins cardio a day at the gym and after a few more weeks of this I plan on having a personal trainer design a program for me to incorporate weights.
bferbear

Postby lng86 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:22 am

Sounds perfect!

You will reach your goal.

Welcome to the forum - and yell out if you need anything.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby sassi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 am

sounds like you've already made some really positive changes to your lifestyle :)

welcome to the forum & i'm looking forward to reading your progress!
sassi

Postby Haylez » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:42 am

Well done on deciding to make a change. I haven't been signed up to this forum for long, but already the people on here have helped me so much. They give great advice and a lot of support.

I think your goal is a very realistic one, and good on you for having the motivation to do what you're doing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3VWsLL/]
[/url]

% Body Fat
Start: 36.3%
Current: 35.4%
Goal: 27%

1st mini Goal: 80kg by christmas
Haylez

Postby Justjudy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:21 am

WOW! I applaud you on giving up smoking and drinking - a HUGE step towards a healthier lifestyle. If you can do that the weightloss won't be as hard as you think. Everyone here is so supportive, with that and with your obvious strength (I don't have the strength to give up either smoking or drinking at the moment - but I have cut back drastically) you will be in double digits before you know it :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Sas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:44 am

Welcome and congrats on your efforts so far. Giving up drinking and smoking is no easy feat so a big congrats to you for giving them up.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your progress :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Return to Introductions