It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:01 pm

Free Newsletter

finished lurking

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

finished lurking

Postby emmalito » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:28 pm

Hi everyone,

as with a lot of others, been looking at this site for a couple weeks now, and finally bitten the bullet and joined.

i'm 30 years old, living in perth with my two girls - Manaia (9) and Elliott (3), and Mark, their dad. Oh, and Milo the dog.

i'm about 5'9, or 175cm tall, and before i had Manaia i was about 62kgs, but i put on about 30kgs with her (she was 10 and 1/2 pounds though in my defense!). I lost pretty much all of it after a couple of years, then it crept back up to the 80's (thanks PND), then got back down to 72 just in time to get pregnant again with Lottie.

This time around i put on about 25kg, and had another big baby (10 pound 2). I swore that THIS time it would be different ...

But of course, here i am three and a half years later still hovering around the 80's. I did manage to get to 76, but then quit smoking and went back up to 86 earlier this year.

So what makes me think it'll be different this time around? I'm sick of being congratulated or asked when i'm due. Hey, that's no bubba mister, it's blubba. But thanks for pointing it out neighbours, clients, people i meet walking the dog ...

I'm tired of looking in my wardrobe not for what i feel like wearing, but what will fit. Of feeling ugo and self concious no matter what Mark says about liking how i look. Of Lottie squishing my tummy and saying 'squishy mummy'.

So. two weeks ago i started counting calories, and trying to keep to a deficit each day. I'm also walking my poor doggy most days.

So far, i've lost a little over 2 kilos, which brings me down to 81ish (point three? point 6? hard to see on scales) and brings my BMI down by a whole point.

I want to lose another 18 or so, to bring me to 64. I figure anywhere between 60 and 65 is where i want to stay (when it starts to creep towards 70, that's my 'red flag' weight to do something to stop the rot).

Phew. That's it. A bit long i know, but wanted to get that out.

Thanks for reading, and for inspiring me to do this.
emmalito

Postby electrongirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:32 pm

welcome welcome!!

Sounds like you are in the right frame of mind and are ready to kick butt!

You'll find some great support and advice on here!

PS: There's quite a few of us Perthites on here!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby emmalito » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:40 pm

thanks for the quick welcome!

just wondering, how do you get the little ticker thing at the bottom of a post to come up? Where do you put the code?
emmalito

Postby electrongirl » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:43 pm

click on one from someones post, it will take you to the ticker website. then you create one by following steps. Once its done copy the BB code and past it into your profile in the signiture box.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Sas » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:47 pm

Welcome an congrats on loosing the 2kgs!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your weightloss progress
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Re: finished lurking

Postby help6363 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:24 pm

emmalito wrote:Hi everyone,

as with a lot of others, been looking at this site for a couple weeks now, and finally bitten the bullet and joined.

i'm 30 years old, living in perth with my two girls - Manaia (9) and Elliott (3), and Mark, their dad. Oh, and Milo the dog.

i'm about 5'9, or 175cm tall, and before i had Manaia i was about 62kgs, but i put on about 30kgs with her (she was 10 and 1/2 pounds though in my defense!). I lost pretty much all of it after a couple of years, then it crept back up to the 80's (thanks PND), then got back down to 72 just in time to get pregnant again with Lottie.

This time around i put on about 25kg, and had another big baby (10 pound 2). I swore that THIS time it would be different ...

But of course, here i am three and a half years later still hovering around the 80's. I did manage to get to 76, but then quit smoking and went back up to 86 earlier this year.

So what makes me think it'll be different this time around? I'm sick of being congratulated or asked when i'm due. Hey, that's no bubba mister, it's blubba. But thanks for pointing it out neighbours, clients, people i meet walking the dog ...

I'm tired of looking in my wardrobe not for what i feel like wearing, but what will fit. Of feeling ugo and self concious no matter what Mark says about liking how i look. Of Lottie squishing my tummy and saying 'squishy mummy'.

So. two weeks ago i started counting calories, and trying to keep to a deficit each day. I'm also walking my poor doggy most days.

So far, i've lost a little over 2 kilos, which brings me down to 81ish (point three? point 6? hard to see on scales) and brings my BMI down by a whole point.

I want to lose another 18 or so, to bring me to 64. I figure anywhere between 60 and 65 is where i want to stay (when it starts to creep towards 70, that's my 'red flag' weight to do something to stop the rot).

Phew. That's it. A bit long i know, but wanted to get that out.

Thanks for reading, and for inspiring me to do this.

Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading your successful weight loss story in the near future :D

Do you have a journal here?

Well done on losing 2kgs.....fantastic work! :D
help6363

Postby scoots » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:55 pm

welcome and welldone on those first 2kg :D
scoots

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Welcome and what a kickstart to your weightloss !

Keep up the great work :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:59 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum :) Sounds like you've got a good plan sorted. You CAN do this. Congrats on the weightloss to date and I look forward to hearing about your progress :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:34 pm

Hi there :)
Image to the forum :) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Return to Introductions