It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:20 am

Free Newsletter

New member here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New member here

Postby bas72 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:31 am

Hey fellow members,

My name is Brett and I have been hiding in the shadows checking out this forum for a while now. Excellent info and seems to be a real lifeline to the us 'dieters' and others.

The reason for the change ?

I have been a police officer since 1995 and entered the force extremely fit at 72kg. Well, after 12 years, I have finally cracked the 100kg mark. This was(is) extremely depressing and was made worse when my darling wife made me try on my old pants and most were given to my father (of all people).

Prior to having surgery on both knees a while back, I used to engage in all modes of sports, from soccer to biathlons and running was my favourite pass time. Now it is the tv and internet.

With my wife expecting our 2nd child on the 17th Dec and I have taken 6 weeks leave from the 9th and plan to go back to work a few kilos lighter. I have also joined up to one of the 'weight loss challengers' to help motivate me, as this is my main problem.

So, enough about me...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wE1MRTR/]
[/url]
bas72
I may be fat now, but it is all about to change...
bas72

Postby milkyway » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 am

Hey Bas and welcome to the forum! Good on you for doing something about your weight gain. You'll find heaps of support and advice here. Do you plan to get back into the running?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby bas72 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:36 am

I actually bought my wife a treadmill for Christmas, to help her with the weight loss after the birth of our second child. Looks like I may also use it, as I heard a treadmill is less stressful on the knees compared to the road.

Not sure about my weight target, just hoping to fit back into some of my pants and hopefully steal them back from the old man next time I visit (ha ha ha).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wE1MRTR/]
[/url]
bas72
I may be fat now, but it is all about to change...
bas72

Postby Sas » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:34 am

Welcome and good luck with the weight loss.

As for treadmill running they can still be a bit nasty on the knees. Perhaps you could try using a knee brace for support?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Re: New member here

Postby help6363 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:12 am

bas72 wrote:Hey fellow members,

My name is Brett and I have been hiding in the shadows checking out this forum for a while now. Excellent info and seems to be a real lifeline to the us 'dieters' and others.

The reason for the change ?

I have been a police officer since 1995 and entered the force extremely fit at 72kg. Well, after 12 years, I have finally cracked the 100kg mark. This was(is) extremely depressing and was made worse when my darling wife made me try on my old pants and most were given to my father (of all people).

Prior to having surgery on both knees a while back, I used to engage in all modes of sports, from soccer to biathlons and running was my favourite pass time. Now it is the tv and internet.

With my wife expecting our 2nd child on the 17th Dec and I have taken 6 weeks leave from the 9th and plan to go back to work a few kilos lighter. I have also joined up to one of the 'weight loss challengers' to help motivate me, as this is my main problem.

So, enough about me...

Hello and welcome....

Your second baby? Congrates, that's fantastic! :D

My knees play up too, so I do RPM (bike riding) I don''t know if that's your type of thing.

I look forward to reading about your successful weight loss in the near future.

Have a great day

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby hysterical_oliver » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:23 am

Hi bas and welcome!! You will find some useful information and a lot of helpful people here.

I have pretty horrible knees and the treadmill has not bothered them at all, if anything the recumbent bike if have makes them click more...

I've found that losing 20kg has helped my knees tremendously too not having to haul around my lard butt!!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby emmalito » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:04 pm

hi, and welcome to the forums. Sounds like you know what to do to get back there - now it's the boring part of doing it!

good luck with your plans, and i'm sure your workmates won't recognise you when you get leaner, meaner and fitter than ever!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlhBGtI/]
[/url]
emmalito

Postby Playboy_bunny » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:30 pm

Hi Brett :) welcome aboard ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby scoots » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:18 pm

hi and welcome :D
scoots

Return to Introductions