It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Desperate to get control

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Desperate to get control

Postby mialisa » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:20 pm

Hi my name is Lisa and i am 26 years old. I am not extremely overweight, but i am very uncomfortable in my own skin. I am sick of not being happy with myself and yet each effort i make to lose weight is ruined by my own lack of willpower. I just can't seem to say no to all the yummy, foods and often crave them as soon as i restrict them in my diet. I have joined this forum in the hope i getting some inspiration and motivation to get things underway. I am heading to Europe for 8 weeks in April and would like to have lost at least 7 kilos and gotten fitter so i can enjoy myself and not be tired with all the walking.
mialisa

Postby scoots » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:50 pm

hello and welcome :D

sounds like you have some good motivation happening at the moment with your trip coming up.

when you say that you restrict the yummy stuff, do you mean that you cut it out altogether or just cut down on the amount of it you can eat, sometimes it can be better to still allow yourself a small amount less often, for example i was eating A LOT of chocolate, now i allow myself 1 small bit (milkyway or curly wurly etc) once a week, which was originally twice a week, and i haven't had cravings for it because i am still allowing myself to have it......hope that makes sense :D

anyways, good luck and i look forward to reading about your progress :D
scoots

terrified to try

Postby mialisa » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:59 pm

Scoots,
i have tried on many occassions to just limit my intake of things like chocolate and lollies and biscuits etc, but i don't no when to stop once i have started. So i really don't know how to tackle the problem. I would love to learn to control my portions of them, but i think it might be best to start by not having them at all and then slowly reintroduce small amounts into my diet.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjz9RPM/]
[/url]
mialisa

Postby Siana-leah » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:18 pm

hello...
that sounds like a good idea....
i have the same problem...
my solution for me was to have a low fat yoghurt at my "trouble" time....i like yoghurt and i look forward to having it....
if im really hanging out for chocolate i will only buy a small bar so at least im satisfied but not eating a big family block...and feeling absolutely terrible afterwards.....
i also switched to dark chocolate....can never eat that much of it.....
anyway do what works for you.....
*out of sight out of mind*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Justjudy » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Welcome to the forum Lisa. I like the "yummy stuff" too, and found that a little bit of what you crave is sometimes good for you. If it is chocolate that you fancy, walk to the shop and buy a chocolate frog and then walk home eating it slowly (the frog, not the walking), you have got what you wanted and a walk to boot. Looking forward to hearing about your successes.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby ali » Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:36 pm

I find I have the same problem as you, once I start, I just cant stop!

I find that the best thing for me is to just not let it in the house! Until you can control your portions, just dont tempt yourself by having it there.

I find the best thing for me (it differs for everyone) is, as ppl have said before, to just buy a small chocolate eg freddo frog instead of buying a block and trying to limit yourself to one row. I tried buying a bag of freddos and having one a day but that didnt work either, so I just buy one if Im craving it.

Also, Im a big lover of cookies so instead of buying a whole pack I will just buy one individual one. Things like that are good because you can still get the yummy food you want but not gorge on a mountain of it!

Im sure you'll find something that works for you soon. Good luck!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Return to Introductions