It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Free Newsletter

I am new here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I am new here

Postby lavender » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:59 am

Hi to you all.

What a great service this forum is! Thanks for this Scott.

I have just joined. I am 60, way over weight with arthritis in most joints. This is a life long condition. I only move by taking anti-inflammatories.No longer working ( past year) and have added more weight to an already overweight body.

I do feel for you Serena its very hard to stop work and lose your routine. It seems your routine then gets filled with comfort food and comfort activities well mine did.

I am probably about 14st in old weights . After joining this group I am going to buy scales.

Pam I just loved your photo on the water. Thats living!

As other posters have said now there is someone to be accountable to.

Looking forward to being a regular on this group and finally losing this weight :D

Lanie
lavender

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:01 am

You are so welcome, I am thrilled at the amount of people joining everyday its brilliant the more the merrier, and the more people we can be accountable too, where in Australia are you Lanie
Please post lots and not just weight stuff but anything you want to talk about we are all good friends on here
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi Lanie :D

I'm sure shedding a few kilo's together will help you regain some of your health again, many people have been surprised at how many ailments and diseases disappear once they lose weight.

I'm a member of eDiets.com but it's based in the US so I have to keep converting my kilojoules to calories and my kgs to lbs (tiring)
It also wasn't working for because I felt everyone was too far away to really care whether I was fat or thin, but having this aussie weightloss support group makes me feel if I don't stick with it you guys live close enough to check up on me if I don't lose the weight (not that you'd actually do that but just having that thought makes me put the biscuit back in the container)
I'm looking forward to seeing how much we can lose each Thursday weigh-in day.

[Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

weigh day

Postby lavender » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Hi Dolly

Thanks for the encouragement. I looked at e-diets one time but didnt do anything about it.

You are absolutely right I know I need to lose weight for my health.

I have to buy scales. If I havent got them by Thursday I will go and weigh at a friends or the chemist, not looking forward to the shock!

It was a help today to make a pledge and I did go for the walk and eat the apples but didnt get as far as giving up the milky coffee. It was so cold though I wouldn't have gone for the walk if I hadn't made the "pledge" :D

Bye for now

lanie
lavender

Return to Introductions