It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Newbie!

Postby thisbemadness » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:46 am

Hello all!!! I thought I'd give this forum a try..

Lets see, yes I'm only young, I'm sixteen, but give me a chance. I'm not stupid and I understand that weight loss takes time etc. I really need to do something about my weight and I have NO motivation so maybe this would help..

I've always been big, I was a big baby lol!! But I grew up with my grandma and she believes that everyone is anorexic and everyone needs to roll out her door. So here I am, sixteen and 109kg.. I'm a size 18 BUT recently I've been able to fit into a 16 so hello motivation!! :D Tonight I've decided to give my weight the flick and also my other addiction: internet. I thought of something that would work..whenever I lose a kilo, I will allow myself internet time, but if my weight goes up [not just fluctuation either] then I wont go back on until that weight is gone again. I think it will work!! I'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow morning though :lol:

It's hard for me to lose weight..I work full time in a deli so I am ALWAYS on my feet and utterly exhausted by the end of the day. Its not touching my flab though :roll: just adding muscle [I know is a good thing but I'd rather lose the weight first!!! Why must we work like that??]. I eat good meals at dinner, and breakfast I try to eat every morning [6am starts make it hard though] and due to it being xmas, eating at work is impossible these days so I can never have lunch..I try so hard at losing the weight, but the scales are getting worse thanks to the muscle!! grr.

My problem I think is the water-coke thing. I cannot drink plain water, it makes me throw up and I have no idea why..the taste I think..Brisbane water ughhh. And of course, I substitute coke so thats getting me NO WHERE.

I think once I drank 4 glasses of water one day..that was a good day...I think it was a few years back now.. :lol:

But I'm babbling so I'll cut this short..44 kg to lose.. exercising heaps, eating rightish..going no where..=VERY FRUSTRATED GIRL!!!

Haa..any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks guys!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVlea6u/]
[/url]
thisbemadness

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:04 am

Welcome to the forum!

I'm around your age (almost 18), a few of us here are if you have any questions that are more suited to our age-group. Mostly everything posted applies to weight-loss, but as I feel that emotion has alot to do with weight gain and loss, it's necessary to support people when they post about every-day things that have been bothering them.

Regarding the water intake, if it makes you sick drinking it, you need to really start with sips and work on building it up while your body slowly adjusts. It is vital for your health (and weight loss), and we don't get enough water from food alone. If you really need to, it might be helpful to try and disguise the taste of the water by adding a fair amount of lemon-juice or squeezed orange. Maybe drinking it cold will help? You could also try drinking green tea alot, if you don't have a problem with tea.

Another thing I will say though is that the easiest way to lose weight is to become knowledgable about how the body functions. The less guessing we do, the more successful we are!

This post would go on forever if I typed everything I thought would be helpful, so my advice to you is to do some reading around the forum, and then if you have any questions, I'm more than happy to answer them:)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby CrimsonThunder » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:38 am

Welcome! =]

To me, age doesn't matter. I know alot of things say you should be 18 till you start weight loss but thats too late! Start as soon as possible.

Enjoy the forums.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:27 am

I couldn't agree more.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby thisbemadness » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:36 am

Thanks guys!!! Its great to have some support!!! Coming from an overweight family, my only support system is my mum and shes pregnant therefore cant really diet.. I've told her I want to start and she tells me to wait for Liam to be born, but thats in February and I cant wait that long to start!! I'm SO glad I joined this support forum!!

Good news!! I last weighed myself 3 days ago [before that my weight was just going higher and higher grr] and I weighed myself yesterday and today [to watch fluctuation] and it appears I have lost 2 kilos!!!! Man I'm over the moon to finally see results!! I've been working my ass off for it! That is the first time in my LIFE that I've lost weight..SO EXCITING. :lol:

And of course, this morning I managed to get through one of those giant glasses of water..it took me about half an hour of sipping lol. Thats so sad. But I have to start drinking it because my mum never did and at 16 her liver started failing.. I've been to hospital once and had a terrible experience so I'd rather stay healthy thanks!! :wink:

And yes, I am going to read around on here..I was planning to last night but I was too tired.

Thanks again for the support!!! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wVlea6u/]
[/url]
thisbemadness

Postby hysterical_oliver » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:40 am

Well done~

Yah ditch that coke big time lol it doesn't matter if you sip all day on your water, a lot of people here carry a water bottle (like pump) and sip all day.

Keep up the good work and you'll be the one inspiring your mum after your bro is born 8)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:22 pm

Hi there and welcome :)

I dont think you're ever too young to start loosing weight, as long as you are sensible about it...which reading your post, you'll do fine.

My sister is 16 and she weighed in at 98kgs 2 months ago. She now weighs 86kgs. She is pretty much half way there as she wants to lose another 11 - 16 kgs ( She's rather tall though, 6'0 ).

You do need to ditch the coke, not because its coke, but your body will not be able to cope with all that sugar, and you may develop illness' such as diabetes etc. The idea of slowly starting to sip water throughout the day is a great idea :)

You'll find heaps of support here, I know I did. If you ever need anything just holler :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:25 pm

I'm really proud of you for tackling the water like that! WELL DONE! :) You'll be drinking water easily in no time. Also that's a fantastic loss, keep up the great work.
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby matchbox » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:21 pm

hi! welcome to the forum. congrats on deciding to lose weight, and also a HUGE congrats on losing 2kg!! that's awesome!!

well done with the water, i no it sucks and tastes kinda gross, but like oliver said, carrying a water bottle around really helps - even if you're jsut sitting in front of your computer or the tv - perfect time to sip away ;)

i'm around your age (kinda :P lol) i'm 19, and i think it's great your starting - of course we'll give you a chance!! :D feel free to PM me or ask any questions, like misstoodles said, it's easier if you have people around your own age :) also, check out the progress threads and before/after photos - there's some really motivating stuff in there!

best of luck, can't wait to see your progress :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby milkyway » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:45 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. We're a pretty good bunch. Sing out if you need anything :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions