It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Is anyone interested in joining and emotional eaters group?

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Is anyone interested in joining and emotional eaters group?

Postby laura21 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:33 pm

My name's Laura. I'm in my final year of a Bachelor of psychology degree in melbourne.
I'm a self confessed emotional eater like so many other women and men but I think i can help myself and hopefully others get out of the habit. in a nutshell, no diet is ever going to work if there are underlying issues and body image problems and I want to help!
If there is anyone who would like to either meet online or somewhere in melbourne to have regular discussions, helpful tips and a bit of fun, don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not charging any money or making any dodgy promises but I certainly would like to hear from you!

Postby natalie » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:21 am

Hello Laura

What you have suggested is a great idea but there is allready a great organisation out there for people who eat for emotional reasons called overeaters annonymous.

If you check online they have meetings all over melbourne.
There may be people out there who will be interested in talking on line and if you log in here often you hear of peoples struggles with the food "demon"

Overeating (or eating for emotional reasons) is an illness just like any other and with the right support and an encouraging enviroment such as this we help each other to overcome the compulsion to overeat.

I wish you luck with you studies and hope you find the information you are looking for.

Natalie. :)

"All we have is here and now"

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:22 am

thanks for your help natalie,
I'm actually aware of overeaters anonymous and am looking into a few other groups that deal with emotional eating. I've been hoping to get a discussion group going of my own though, just a group of people interested in talking about their own issues and trying to gather some personal stories! Thanks for replying!

Return to Introductions