It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:23 am

Free Newsletter

I'm new and I need help.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm new and I need help.

Postby jessica-rae » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:40 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm here because I need help.

In the last 3 years I have ballooned out to my current weight of 132.4 kgs.

I am getting married on 24th April, 2009. I can't look the way I do now. It is going to be the most exciting and important day of my life and I refuse to look back on it and think I look anything other than amazing.

I can't continue the way I am. I always try diets and exercise but I can never be bothered.

I need a kick up the butt.

I'm really upset about the way I look and the health problems that have recently started to show due to my weight.

I want to be healthy, happy and beautiful. But I can't do it by myself.

My goal weight is 75 kgs. I'm 5'10" so it would be unrealistic to weigh lower.

I need to lose 57.4 kilograms.

I have to.

Hi to everyone and I'm hoping to inspire and be inspired!

x
jessica-rae

Postby jessica-rae » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 pm

I should mention that's 485 to lose 57.4kgs.

100grams a day... too easy! :?
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!
jessica-rae

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:38 pm

Hi Jessica, welcome aboard :D

You CAN do this! It sounds like you just need some support and motivation which I promise this forum will give you!

I see you have a ticker which is great :)

Something that I have found to be working for me is to treat myself to non food related presents when I do well.

So maybe what you could do to help you become motivated is to set a small goal for yourself. Like maybe after you lose your 1st kilo you could buy yourself a bridal magazine and look at all the dresses you might like to wear on your big day.

Make your treats better as your goals increase. At 5kgs it might be a new haircut etc.

I think a great way to start with exercise is to join some sort of group. I highly recommend curves. I've only just started. It is a fitness circuit type workout that you take at your own speed. There are women there of all shapes, sizes and ages, no mirrors and no men! They play fast music to keep you pumped up, they take your weight, measurements and body fat % once a month so you can see your progress.

Ease yourself into it. Start with a 5 minute walk tomorrow and then slowly increase it. Do some exercises infront of the telly such as star jumps, crunches, ladies push ups etc. You will soon feel great from exercising and seeing results!

Your goal is doable! You may find that to start with you lose 2kgs a week, then 1 a week and as you get close to your goal weight, 1/2kg a week.

Check out some before and after photos, they're really inspiring!

Good luck on your new journey, you can do this and we will all be here for you!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Mummyof3 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:12 pm

Welcome Jessica to the forum...

we all here for the same thing hani :D Good luck with all your goals, and enjoy the journey...

8)
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby jessica-rae » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi Fiona,

Thanks heaps for that- it's exactly the motivation I need!

My mum and sisters are members at Curves and beg me to join with them but, to be honest, I am too embarrassed to give my weight and measurements to any fitness instructors.

I am a member at Fernwood as I used to exercise with a friend, which was great, but then she moved away. Now I barely use the membership.

I just need motivation and I think I'm going to get it here!

Thanks

jessica-rae x
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Jessica, honestly, don't be embarassed to get your measurements. The ladies there have seen women bigger than you and women smaller than you. They aren't going to laugh at you or pick on you, they're there to help!

If you really feel as though you can't do it, then just tell them that you don't want your measurements taken. The only downside is that you can't see ALL of your progress, but if that is what you need to do then do it!

I think no matter our sizes its nature for women to hate getting on the scales or getting measurements infront of a perfect stranger, but that is their job, its not some insensitive everyday person.

I just find Curves to be really motivating and can't wait till my next measurement day to see what changes my body has made...or I have made to my body rather!

Let us know how you get on with it :D

Fiona25

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:48 pm

Hi Jessica !

Firstly, DO NOT be embarassed about giving your measurements to your trainer / instructor. I used to be a member of curves and stopped purely due to financial constraints. I loved going there. I joined last year when I weighed 194kgs. I loved it and got a tremendous amount of support from everyone there.

I dont mean this to sound harsh neither, however, giving your measurements to a stranger may be the kick up the butt that you need. I know I was terribly embarassed giving my measurements to doctors at the Obesity Clinic, but I used that embarrasment as motivation to do something and never see those figures again.

You'll find heaps of support here !

Good luck on your journey :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:19 am

Hi Jessica,

Just wanted to say that i'm so happy that you've set yourself your first mini goal! That is so great!

And I LOVE lush, it has the nicest things to pamper yourself with and they all smell great. I occassionally buy things online as i'm in the country and we're very far away from a lush.

So just wanted to say what a great start you have made :D

If you ever want to PM me for support or anything then go for it, I can be your cheerleader :D

Fiona25

Postby jessica-rae » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:16 am

Hi girls,

Thank you so much for all your welcoming support!

I'm the type of person that has said a million times "right, now I'm going to lose weight" but has just never bothered. I feel like right now is the time in my life where I either have to do it now or I will just never do it.

GoddessInside, I think you're right about the kick up the butt. Giving my measurements may just be the motivation I need to start decreasing them!

I look forward to getting to know you all and getting smaller with you! Hehe!

x
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Postby jessica-rae » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:28 am

I've also decided that I refuse to go wedding dress shopping until I am under 100kgs.

I told H2B and he is fully supportive.
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:31 am

You sound really focused, a wedding is a great motivator ! Although it didnt do much for me :lol:

However my vow renewals are a smaller motivator for me ! I want to be able to wear the gown of my dreams, not a gown that just did the job IYKWIM. ( I got married May this year )

If you need any wedding help too, feel free to let me know ! I love planning weddings :D
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:33 am

Me again ... sorry forgot to add, that you WILL be under 100kgs when you try on wedding dresses ! You can get most dresses in within 6 months, so that leaves you plenty of time to lose the weight and order the gown of your dreams !

GOOD LUCK :)
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby jessica-rae » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:38 am

Thanks Helen.

I know most brides decide to lose weight before getting married but I'm not losing the weight FOR my wedding. I just figure, if I can't do it to look amazing on my wedding day then when can I do it?

I'm doing myself and for health. I never considered myself that large until recently when I started to recognise the health problems that were evident because of my weight.

Thanks so much for your support. And i WILL be under 100kgs! Yay!
My 1st mini-goal:
jessica-rae

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:34 am

Sounds like you have great motivation for getting into shape and you've done the hardest part, GETTING STARTED :D Once you get over the initial few weeks everything should stay on track with will power and with such a huge event that will be no problem. Good luck with your journey 8)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Return to Introductions