It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

Some Advice Please

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Some Advice Please

Postby raiders07 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:05 pm

Hi

I am 16 years old, male, 179 cm's tall and was 101.6 kg's but am now 97.9 kg's .I have lost 3.7 kg's in the last 4 weeks and want to reach my goal weight of 85 kg's and tone up. I am quite happy about this as I have been mainly doing bike riding with the occasional walking or running. This year I suffered from an injury called 'Osteitis Pubis' which effects the groin area and restricts your ability to run and kick a football. This meant that I could not do much for 5 months. So as you would suspect my fitness levels are pretty crappy. My fitness levels have increased a little bit over the last 4 weeks but over the next 2 months i would really like to build my fitness up so I am around the 70-75% of my maximum fitness levels. I would have liked to run more often and for longer distances but i get an awful burning sensation in my feet. It feels like there on fire. I can understand that they might hurt a little bit because I have been inactive for the last 5 months. The only exercise that I have done is be waterboy for my local footy team because I couldn't play because of my injury. Has anybody else suffered from this sought of pain in their feet? If so what can I do to prevent it or do I just have to push through the pain and it goes away after a while? By the way I also wear orthotics in my shoes because I have flat feet.

I was doing free weights but suffered from free weights sore arms (in the bicep and tricep areas) and sore shoulders. I thought this was because I may be lifting the weights incorectly or I may not have alot of strength in these areas of my body. I have not partaken in any weight lifting exercises in the last 3 weeks and the pain has pretty much gone.

My body measurements are as follows, chest 106 cm, abdominals 96 cm, thighs 66 cm and my arms are 40.5 cm. When I reach my goal weight I would like my measurements to be as follows, chest 90 cm, abdominals 80 cm, thighs 60 cm and my arms to be 35 cm. Does this sound reasonable.

As I stated before I am doing plenty of bike riding and occasionally participating in walking/running. I will hopefully be participating in swimming once or twice a week as this builds my aerobic system without having a high impact on my muscles in the body. i.e. causing fatigue or sore muscles. I am going to start my strength circuit again 2 or 3 times a week. This will consist of ankle touches, push-ups, squats, dips, bicep curls, hip rolls, dumbbell bench presses, dumbbell lateral raises, dumbbell dead lifts and lots of stretching. I will be using a 4 or 5 kg dumbbell and be doing 2 sets of 12 repititions to start. Does these exercises sound right for the areas that I want to target to reduce my body fat and tone up.

What sought of food have you guys been eating to cure cravings or fill your stomachs up so you don't binge during the day 8)

Please fell free to provide me with more exercises if you feel that they will be benefical and help me reach my goals.

Heres hoping to a better and much improved 2008 :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJFGFPt/]
[/url]
raiders07

Postby raiders07 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:36 pm

Heres what i look like now and i would like to have a flat stomach with some evidence of toneage.

[/url]
raiders07

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:31 am

To keep my feeling full I stick to fruits mainly. Low in calories and tasty :D Proteins also help you feel fuller for longer and will help you build muscle. Maybe you should talk to a trainer about your exercises, you could have gone too hard too fast and caused injury but a professional would probably be able to sort you out straight away.
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby raiders07 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 am

cheers for the information
[/url]
raiders07

Postby Juddy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 am

You already posted this in the guys section... check there for my post.
Juddy

Postby raiders07 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:50 am

yeah i only found the mens section after i posted this LOL :lol:
[/url]
raiders07

Postby milkyway » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:54 pm

Hey raiders - welcome to the forum.

Your foot problem sounds unusual to me - might be worth getting it checked out by a professional - your GP, an osteo, physio or podiatrist. Could be your shoes, but given you've had problems before, might be something else. I get cramps in the arches of my feet once I've been running for about 15 mins in a particular pair of shoes I paid a lot of money for grrr.

The most filling food I have is breakfast with soup and rice! I just use the miso soup packages and have a mix of white/brown rice. Always fills me up until lunchtime.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Juddy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 pm

milkyway, we've been discussing this a bit in the guy's forum.

A friend of mine got fractures on the base of his feet from running... basically because of his weight going down hard onto his feet.

So he might just be experiencing bruising on his feet.

Lower-impact exercise would be most benefitial... so bike riding, walking and cross-trainer.
Juddy

Return to Introductions