It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:44 am

Free Newsletter

Hey everyone

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey everyone

Postby ale » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:05 pm

i just joined here, as i am starting to want to attain weight loss through a healthy balanced lifestyle.
the reason for that is last year (yay for 2008!) in 2007 i struggled with an eating disorder and at 5'8 i was 51 kilos.
now i am back around 57, and i want to get to about 53 as that is where i am happy.
but i am going to do it the right way
i would loveeee to hear peoples success stories,
just some extra motivation can't hurt anyone
and i'm sure you would all be proud of what you have done :D
sorry for the rant, but i look forward to this healthy journey :P

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi ale and welcome aboard :D

I hate to be negative, but being 53kgs and 5'8 sounds very light on. Maybe you just need to tone up rather than lose weight?

Best of luck on your journey :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi there :)

I think that with your height, 53kg is probably too low for you to maintain healthily. I agree with Fiona, perhaps you need to tone up to feel better about your body?

Focus on healthy eating, and exercise. Never eat less than 1200 calories per day. If you feel you are slipping back into old habits - get help with a psychologist or a doctor before it gets too serious!

Best of luck :)

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 pm

I too am a little concerned about your goals that you have set. However each to their own I suppose.

All the best for your journey and please be sure to seek help if you feel that you are going back to old habits.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:02 pm

thats great that you got over your eating disorder, and great that you want to stay thin and healthy, but i am the same height as you :) and all the websites and charts say that between 61 and 76 or something is the healthy weight range.

i just hope you aren't doing any damage mate :) being thin is one thing, but being HEALTHY is another.

Maybe work on toning your muscles, this can be a nice thing too, and its still quite thin.

Also what sort of diet are u on? cos that can help things as well.

Sorry if i sound like i am worried and concerned, but like the above people, we are :) we dont want to see you head down an unsafe path. we are all here to help. so please dont hesitate to talk to us.

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby Juddy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:36 am

*Makes sheep noises*

Sorry, to sound like a broken record, Ale, but by the sounds of things you'd be doing well saying at your current weight - and like people have said, could do with a program to tone up rather than lose more weight.

Most gyms will have personal trainers who can help you achieve this - they don't have to stick by you for session-after-session, but give you a program to follow.

If you still aren't convinced, perhaps have a go at progressional photos to get other perspectives.

Return to Introductions