It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Free Newsletter

Hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi

Postby vsbeast44 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Welll this has been a year comming now.
I got sick a while back had to go to hospital for a bit and then wasnt able to play sport or do any physical activities for about 16 months. Then once that 16months was up i was 17 and going out and having fun took priority over any physical sport. Now i am overweight and its come to the point i wanna do something about it.
I am an 18yrold male
6"5 Tall
110kgs.
Wanting to go to possibly 95kgs and get fit again.
I have started playing basketball again aswell as volleyball.
Cant seem to stop eating junk food though. Also my eating patterns are screwd up as ill get up like 10am just much on crap all day and then have dinner.

Has anyone got any tips for me ?
thanks
vsbeast44

Postby grugwashere » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:30 pm

welcome to the forum!

I am also 18, i have been a member of this forum since just before I turned 17!

in terms of tips, the best advise i can give you is its a long process and can sometimes be tiring but the end result will be well worth it!

try to eat less junk food, drink less soft drink and juice and more water and get in some excercise.

see you round the forum!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:55 am

Hi Vsbeast and welcome to the forum.

My first recommendation is to make sure that first meal is a good one and I know how boring this sounds but hi-fibre cereal, low fat milk and fruit is the best for you. Good quality carbs, some protein and good fats to fuel you right and kick start your metabolism.

Exercising is great but if you can lower your junk food intake that will go a long way to helping your weight loss.

You don't have to change everything at once either, do small changes to let your body get used to it and build up the habits you will need to maintain later.

:D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:02 am

Welcome!

I gave up junk food about 13 years ago. How I did it was just one thing at a time. So, first I cut out chips, then cake, then lollies, and so on. Just picked one food, then once I was able to live without that, started on another. Small changes :wink:

Only other thing I can suggest is meal planning. At the moment I have a sheet of paper where I write out what I am going to eat each day. It really helps. Just as long as you stick to what you have written lol.

Good luck :D
SarahC

Postby ellecee » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:33 am

Hi and welcome,

Great advice given already, and there is an abundance of info on the site.
Set up a plan, get in a good routine with clean eating, exercising and sleeping.

All the best!
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Return to Introductions