It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:50 am

Free Newsletter

Introducing all 130 kg of me!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Introducing all 130 kg of me!

Postby Squiggle » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:54 pm

Hello all,

I have a huge task ahead of me, wanting to lose 50 kilo from my 167 cm frame in around nine months.

I was a 'normal' weight throught school, then moved in with my boyfriend and it was easier to buy than cook out meals. My weight went up to around 105 kg by the time I was 20.

Unhappy with life in general, I moved away from my boyfriend and went back to College, and with the change of scenery, my weight dropped off with no real effort on my part - other than being obviously happier :lol:

I was single for a couple of years, weighing 73-76 kg, but with a 16% body fat due to excersizing a lot - not intentionally, but with losing weight and feeling good I was running everywhere, playing netball 3 nights a week and horse riding every morning.

Moved in with my now husband at the age of 23, had a wonderful life living the the middle of the city, saved hard and bought our first house - in the country, several kilometres from anything. This put a stop to my walking and sports, I gave up riding horses for other people and within a couple of years my weight was back up to over 100 kg.

Over the past 10 years I have tried every diet imaginable, was successful with Modifast, losing 18 kg in a month, went off it for Christmas and then it just wasnt going to happen..the texture of it made me almost want to vomit. Needless to say the 18 kg lost was regained with an additional 12 kg for good measure :(

I love junk food, but I dont eat a lot, I drink Coke all day every day though. I know I have to change my habits, and I also know it all comes down to taking the easy way out. It's easier to drive through a drive through than go home and make lunch each day.

My main desire now is to participate. My husband is a runner and I am sick of watching him. I am planning to start off with several short walks each day of 10-15 minutes each, this will get me drinking some water. I have found that since Christmas I an eating less anyway and have already dropped a couple of kilo's in the last two weeks. Hopefully after a few weeks I am feeling fresher and wanting to do more, so increasing the excersise and by feeling better not wanting the junk food as much.

That's the plan anyway :lol:

I have enjoyed reading other peoples success stories so far and look forward to sharing my experiences with you all :)

Postby NotFatAnymore » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:16 pm

Welcome to the forum! 8)

Postby dan_L08 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi good luck with your weight loss. You will get there if you put your mind to it and focus on why you want to do it.
A good tip I have with the food is just dont buy bad food to have in your house. I work in the fitness industry but i can still struggle with kilos comin on sometimes, so I have no junk in my house! If there is choc or somethin I will devour it til its gone! Not many people can say no when the food is just a couple of steps away in the cupboard!

Postby yoyogirl88 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:20 am

Welcome and you CAN do it!!!!!!!!!! Good on you for choosing to change!
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Postby Juddy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:28 am

Welcome and good luck mate, you can do it!

Postby Mandie » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:38 am

welcome and good luck! 50kg in 9 months is pretty quick... most experts recommend 0.5-1kg per week weight loss target, and this will be even less as you approach goal weight. losing weight slowly and sensibly means there is less chance you will put it back on (like when you did modifast, lost lots of weight quickly, then put it back on with a lot of interest!).

best of luck with the walking, you'll be able to increase it to longer walks in no time :) to improve your fitness, try adding in some powerwalking/jogging - like.. powerwalk for 30 seconds and then walk for a minute then repeat, as long as you can handle, and step it up slowly.

look forward to seeing your progress :)

Postby Fiona25 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:16 am

I agree with Mandie, .5-1kg a week is the best thing to do. When I first started back in November last year I went on a chicken soup diet for almost a week and lost 4kgs, but of course, I put it all back on!

I'm not losing much a week now, but good diet and exercise I know I am doing this the RIGHT way and I feel confident I can stick to this routine for my life...not just for a week.

Try cutting back on the coke and replacing with water, water intake is very important and coke is packed with sugar.

Best of luck!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Squiggle and welcome to the forum.

Losing the 50kgs is a great goal but I would forget the time frame. It will put a lot of pressure on you and weightloss takes focus and determination. You don't need adding more pressure to that.

I lost 28kgs in just over 8 months and that took every bit of focus I had and trust me I am one determined woman.

You WILL lose that 50kgs if you set your plan and goals and don't let anything stand in your way, not even your own self doubt.

Ditching the coke for water should be a priority.

Best of luck Squiggle, we are all here to support you and you will be sliding that ticker down before you know it .

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

in the same boat

Postby big_boned » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:39 am

Hi Squiggle - welcome.

I joined last week & am 131kgs. I also want to lose 50kgs.

We can do it!!!

The first step is the hardest & you have made it.

Again - welcome & hope to be reading your inspirational success story in 9 months time.
You'd have thought with all the practise I've had dieting, I would have gotten it rImageight.

Postby jessica-rae » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:48 am

At 130kgs, our starting weights are very similar.

It's a big journey from here but I've been finding if you just look at smaller goals, you will achieve them and they will slowly make the major goal seem far less daunting.

Good luck.. and hopefully we can motivate and inspire eachother through this journey!
My 1st mini-goal:
127.4 kgs- $50 to spend at Lush!

Postby ellecee » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:21 am

Hi Squiggle,

Welcome to the forum - lots of info & great group of people here!
Ive a lot to lose also. We need to set attainable goals, changing to a healthy lifestyle for always.
Ive cut out a lot of rubbish food and feeling so much better for it.
Pepsi max is down to 1 a day and working on 1 every 2 days. I used to drink heaps of the stuff! Try starting by cutting down on the Coke to and before long you'll be to where you just dont want it can do it!

All the best on your journey :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~

Return to Introductions