It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:35 am

Free Newsletter

Hi Everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi Everyone!

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi!

My name is Katie, I'm 22 (on monday!) I live in SA and I'm a Registered Nurse. I have decided it's time that I do something about my weight as it's starting to cause problems with my back and other things, and My husband and I are hoping to have children in the next couple of years!

When I was a teenager, I was a pretty normal weight, around 65kgs until I finished school, then I met my husband and fell into the trap of feeling comfortable around the person you love and piled the kgs on!!

I am currently the heaviest I have ever been, at 82kgs. My goal weight is 65kgs again, but my intermediate goal is 75.

I look forward to sharing this journey with you all, and getting to know you too!!

Good luck, I know I'll need it!

Katie
kittykat84

Postby oostevens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:52 pm

hey katie how are you?

i am currently 22, 23 in april ;)

I am about the same weight as you at the moment and my first goal is to be in the 70s, with my first main goal to reach 75, with an ultimate goal of 70 (and then maybe 65)

welcome. and thankyou for choosing weightloss.com :p just kidding.

will be great to have you on board, look forward to seeing your progress and swapping advice :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:58 pm

Thanks Rachel!! maybe we could be weight loss buddies lol!!

How tall are you? I'm 165 so I'm around a size 14 (although I'm bottom heavy so sometimes I have to get size 16 pants :( )

I would really love to be able to fit into jeans again!! I haven't worn jeans for aaaages coz I get too self conscious in them!! Like Miranda from censored and the city, I have my skinny jeans in my closet, just waiting to fit into them!!!!

You have done really well so far!!!! The other reason why I put on so much weight was because I had a knee reconstruction 18 months ago and I couldn't play netball or do any physical activity for ages. Now my knee is good again so I'm ready to get moving again and hopefully shift some of this excess weight!!

i've got some amazing friends, theyre all skinny (censored!) lol but we have all got gym memberships together so hopefully that will get things started!!
kittykat84

Postby ranger 2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Katie,

Good luck with your weightloss journey.

Jodi
ranger 2

Postby oostevens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:02 pm

that is awesome! i wish i could find someone in my area to join a gym with, what motivation that would be :)

sure we can be buddies :) would be great hehe

i use to do a bit of sports when i was in high school but haven't since and i really miss it. use to be athletic in primary till i got lazy and then high school it was volleyball :) how i loved that sport.

i am 175cm tall, so much taller :) i was a size 16 pants to begin with and now i am a 14 i believe, its funny seeing how much the 16 size is too big, as i still have some pants that size.

this forum is who i have to thank for my current weight loss, without them i would still be 89kgs or more :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jess_jess » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:04 pm

hi kittykat,
good to meet u, im new here too, here's to our future weightloss!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVqTvk/]
[/url]
jess_jess

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:06 pm

thanks rach, I'll add you to my msn!!

Hey jess, nice to meet you too. I feel so motivated already lol I'm going for a walk right now!!!

Catch you soon ladies

Katie
kittykat84

Return to Introductions