It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello I'm Lyla

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby carleyjt » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:14 pm

I am sorry to tell you but there is no magical cure. If you want to lose weight you have to really believe it not just tell yourself that that is what you want.

First of all dont think of it as losing weight. Think of it as a lifestyle change. Secondly you have to want to get out and excercise, and you have to want to change your eating habits. Set yourself goals. Your formal is at the end of the year then you have to work out how much you want to lose and work out a reasonable time frame to aim for. 1/2 kg a week is a healthy loss.

Not meaning to sound bossy :oops: or anything. It is hard at first but once you start you will wonder why it has taken so long. Just dont expect miracles overnight.

Postby lyla » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:16 pm

my formal is at the end of june :shock: :shock: *panics*

and i've been able to loose weight before but for some reason i can't do it anymore

about a year ago i lost 6kg and then i put it all and more back on and i've been trying for so long to loose it again but i just can't seem to be able to do it!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:26 pm

that may have been because you switched back to old habits once you lost the weight.

As Dolly said, it has to be a lifestyle change and you need to persevere with it. I actually put on 8 kilos in the first few weeks of my lifestyle change due to my body adjusting, but have now lost 22kg. Most of that has been due to closely monitoring what I'm eating and doing extra exercise.

We all understand how you must be feeling - I dare say most of us have felt similar at some point. It's one of those things that you have to be mentally prepared for and comitted to long term.

I know it can seem overwhelming too, but if you take it one step and one small goal at a time, you will get there in the end.

How about just start by picking an exercise plan - say get off the bus a few blocks early and walk the rest of the way. Then you can go up from there.

Whatever YOU chose, WE will support you.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Introductions