It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

fresh 'n' new :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

fresh 'n' new :)

Postby big_love » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi Guys,

My name is Tammy...im from the bush (NSW). I have been big all my life, and after having quit smoking in the new year, I have decided I want to get the rest of my life on track too.

At the moment the hardest thing is trying to get my partner to join me, he is very overweight as well, and i worry for his health. Not only that, but him sitting around the house pigging out all the time doesnt help much! Other than that im doing ok.

looking forward to meeting you all

talk soon

Tam

:D
140/117/85
big_love

Postby prettytigerlily » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:39 pm

welcome to the forum and good luck
:D
Tanja
SW: 126 kgs
CW: 122.8 kgs
GW: 60 kgs

Mini Goal: 110 kgs

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wc8e5qA/]
[/url]
prettytigerlily

Postby serendipity » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Hi Tammy!
I've been here not quite a week and have found the members to be friendly and supportive :)
Good Luck and keep smiling!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wliAkne/]
[/url]
serendipity

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 am

Hey Tammy !

Welcome to the forum ! You've definitely come to the right place for support, this place is amazing :)

I hope that you do convince hubby to join you, you truly will be inspiring eachother. The situation he's in doesnt sound very healthy.

If you ever need anything just holla :) Looking forward to sharing your journey.

Helen
xx
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi there! Welcome to the forum.

I've only been here a few days and the support, advice and encouragement is amazing :D

Your husband sounds like he might be stuck in a bit of a rut, but don't let this bring you down. Start eating healthily and exercising and perhaps once he sees how happy and healthy you are getting, he might go along for the ride.

Although the support from him would be great, you don't need him to do it!!

Good luck!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby ellecee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:12 pm

Hi Tammy and Warm Welcomes to you!
The support here is wonderful! All the best to you and a big wtg on quitting smoking :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby JL77 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:35 pm

A huge congrats with quitting the smokes. I myself know how hard it can be...

Good luck with your new healthy life style, I hope you can talk hubby around. Or maybe he will see how good you will start looking and want to join you.

Keep us updated :D
JEZ

Starting Weight 20/1/08 ~ 86kg
28/1/08 ~ 85kg
2 /2/08 ~ 84.2
JL77

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Tammy and welcome to the forum. Well done on quitting smoking and good luck on your weightloss goals.
chubbywife79

THANKYOU

Postby big_love » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:13 am

Thanks guys for all the kind messages. Im actually starting to feel really great. I bought a set of scales which was scary, and the exercise is starting to hurt less...the eating is great, im not craving cigarettes as my mind is on my body and how healthy im getting...

this is my year guys...thanks so much for your kind words, goodluck to you all...its gonna be a great journey!!! :D
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:52 pm

Good luck Tammy and welcome to the forum! Congrats on giving up smoking as well. It's the best thing you'll ever do for your health. And it makes it much easier to exercise!

I like you have a reluctant partner who wasn't keen on joining my weight-loss kick. I didn't bother trying to convince him, I just went and did my thing. Now I'm finding that he's starting to follow my lead! I've caught him on the elliptical trainer a few times when I've been out of the room. He's eating much more fruit. And since I do most of the cooking he's eating much healthier and is happy to fill up on veggies and salad. So hang in there, I'm sure your partner will see how much better you feel with a healthier lifestyle and he'll eventually get on board!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Tammy - I missed your intro post earlier but wanted to extend a warm welcome :)

My husband isn't the fittest and healthiest guy I know - but fortunately for him, he's pretty trim. Grrr! Not fair! He can lay on the couch and munch on chips and not put on weight whereas I just have to look at the packet ... :roll:

Anyway, I think the best thing we can do in this situation is like EWQ says - do your own thing and set a good example that hopefully he'll follow. I've been at this game for almost a year and finally my husband has mused out aloud that he's thinking of joining the gym. He's also said he wants to do more hiking with me to. I like to do as much of the cooking as possible as that way I know exactly what I'm eating and make it as healthy as possible.

All the best for your weightloss goals :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:21 am

When I got home from the gym last night...all hot and sweaty, my partner was cooking his dinner - a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich (white bread and with heaps of butter of course!)!! I jumped in the shower and came out to him eating a second one :?

The smell of bacon was so over powering, but I went straight to the kitchen and made my healthy salad.

Within 10 minutes, my partner was asking where his sneakers were so he could go for a run!!

My point is...you can't hassle them, but if you lead, they'll more than likely follow!! :D
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby reena » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:14 am

welcome dear and good luck :lol:
reena

the boyfriend thing

Postby big_love » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am

I know what you guys are saying, its just frustrating when everyone's saying HE'S lost weight, and they don't notice mine (yet). But at least I know im HEALTHY. We've decided to shop seperately and prepare our own food, as he doesn't like most of the stuff i do and It means I can eat more fish and seafood now, as he doesnt eat it, but I love it. Spose there is an upside to every downer... :)
140/117/85
big_love

Return to Introductions