It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey Everyone! A Bit About ME

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey Everyone! A Bit About ME

Postby Gym Lover » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Everyone!
Well, this is my first time in any kind of forum like this! A bit about me... well, I struggled with my weight my whole life until I joined Sureslim and then I lost 30 kilos in 3 months. I have been able to keep that off for 6 years now, and have recently decided that I'd like to lose around another 10. Although sureslim worked so well for me, my own eating habits have never gone back to the way they were and as I exercise so much and so often, I really don't believe the food I ate on Sureslim would be enough energy for me if I was to pick it up again now. Also I'm a small meal often kinda girl now so going back to three meals a day and no snacks at all would be tough to say the least!
I'm currently at uni studying Psychology and Nutrition. My plan is to become a dietician, with the view of using the Psychology to help counsel clients with eating disorders of all sorts. Anorexia, Bullimia, Emotional Eating, Overeating, whatever. I believe that all eating habits can be somehow linked to higher issues that a person has. This is from my own personal experience not just with myself, but also with so many others I have already helped, or tried to help.
So anyway, thats enough about me, I started losing again three weeks ago and have lost 3 kilos in that time, (since Sureslim I am lucky enough to say I am blessed with a fairly fast metabolism) and am currently at 70.6kgs. My goal is 60 as long as I still look athletic and not too skinny. I am 171cm tall.
My first question I have for others is in regards to muscle weight. I've found that since upping my weight training, my weight loss has slowed down... I know that building more lean muscle helps to speed up your metabolism thus raising your bmr, burning more calories in the long run, but can it also slow weight loss to begin with as your adding muscle? I know that the common belief muscle weighs three times as much as fat is not true, but it does weigh slightly more, so does anyone have any ideas or thoughts for me? Thanks!!!!
Gym Lover

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:43 am

Wow Gymlover, you have definitely come a long way ! Congratulations on losing your first 30kgs !!! Good Luck for the last 10 :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Re: Hey Everyone! A Bit About ME

Postby Gym Lover » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:24 pm

:D Thanks so much! Congrats on your loss so far too! I think it's fantastic that there is a place like this we can all encourage each other etc etc! Best wishes for your future goals! xoxo :P :P :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQnUYQf/]
[/url]
Gym Lover

Re: Hey Everyone! A Bit About ME

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Hi Gym Lover and welcome to the forum :) Congrats on the weightloss and maintenance to date. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support and encouragement here and I'm sure you'll be able to offer us the same. I love your career aspirations. I look forward to reading about your progress.

In regards to the muscle building - I'm not sure how much more/less muscle weighs compared to fat but I do know it takes up less room :P
Your weightloss might just be slowing down anyway which tends to happen after you drop the first few kgs.

All the best!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Introductions