It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:49 am

Free Newsletter

Another Newbie :o)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Newbie :o)

Postby Alamana » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would say hi and introduce myself on here. My name is Kel and I've been battling with weight problems for most of my life. I'm definitely an emotional eater - ie when I get comfortable in a relationship, stressed, upset, happy etc. I find the only times I have ever lost a great deal of weight is when i've been dumped by a boyfriend!! And its not a good way to lose weight - I just don't eat.. and i'm miserable!!

I've tried several diets - WW (which has worked for me in the past) and Tony Ferguson. I lasted 24 hours on Tony Ferguson and ended up bursting into tears.. The shakes just were not for me and I couldn't see myself sticking to it. I was so disappointed in myself!!

Anyway, my biggest plan to start with is to definitely drink more water, exercise more, and to cut out all of the junk food. I'm trying to create my own menu plan that I can stick to.. I find it so hard to keep motivated which is why I think joining this forum is a fantastic idea. Its so nice to know that I'm not alone..

I look forward to sharing my weightloss experience with you all over the next few weeks.. and YES I am going to stick to it!!! I love to go dancing so my new motto is: 'while the music is playing, my flab won't be swaying'.. terrible I know but all I could come up with! :D

Re: Another Newbie :o)

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi Kel!!

Welcome to the forum! You'll find heaps of support and advice here!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi Kel and welcome aboard. We're big here on making lifestyle changes rather than going on diets - healthy for life :) All the best for your weightloss goals and I look forward to reading your updates :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:08 am

Hi Kel & Welcome :)

You'll find heaps of support and great advice here, we'll help ya stay on track :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Love your motto!!

All the best of luck to you kel, welcome to the forum ;)

Postby Tarz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Love your motto. good luck with the weight loss. I couldn't do any of the shake diets either, i love my food (my healthy food that is). This forum is fantastic, you can tell everybody when your doing good or bad and find motivation by reading how well others in your position are doing. Again good luck and i look forward to hearing your successes.

Return to Introductions