It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:49 am

Free Newsletter

yet another one!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

yet another one!

Postby illuminated » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:37 am

Goodmorning all.

I trust we all had a lovely Australia day and are enjoying the long weekend.

My name is Candace, Im 23 and I am overweight.

Whilst I have struggled with my weight since I sprouted hips, breasts and stretch marks (making my highschool life more miserable), this has not always been my life story.

About two years ago, I managed to go from 81kgs, down to 69kgs and as you can imagine I was feeling fantastic! I had finally found myself within my healthy weight range and things were great. I was managing my food and my excercise and had struck a healthy balance (I took advice from the CSIRO). I then jetted off to the United States for a holiday and put my diet on hold. I figured that since I was in the land of the star spangled banner I might aswell enjoy their diet. I ate everything! Donuts, chips, sugary cereals, New York style pizza.. you name it.. I tried it and it was delicious - I wont deny that!

So after two months I returned home, thinking I would have undone all my good work. I jumped on the scales and was surprised to learn I had only put on 2 kgs. I put this down to the fact that I walked everywhere and maybe since losing weight my metabolism had changed. I tried not to think to hard on it cause I was just happy that all my weight had not creeped back on. So with in a few weeks I had lost those 2kgs and was happy with where I was again.

Then I met my man. God Bless him! He is wonderful and I enjoy his company tremendously. I soon learnt that having a boyfriend was not only expensive financally, but physically too! He himself is slim and is one of those guys who can seemingly eat and drink whatever he pleases without reaping any consequences. He does try hard though to maintain a healthy lifestyle and he certainly is a good influence on me. But he, like everyone I am sure, enjoys eating out and there are just somethings he cant say no to.

So as well as eating out more and eating more junk food I was excercisng less. When I met my boyfriend we were both studying full time and as we were attending different universities, it was hard to see each other. So when I got home from uni or work I had to decide, relax and get to know my new boyfriend or work up a sweat at the gym. For me the choice was easy.

Anyway this is where I am at now: My weight has crept up to 76.7kgs. I am working full time in the public service and my boyfriend is still slogging away at uni. He is in his 3rd year of Med and yesterday he left for Rockhampton/Munduberra for 8 weeks - it is required for his rural rotation. So I have decided that while is he off in the country learning how to treat snake bites, it is the perfect oppertunity for me to give my body some attention.

I know I can do it. I have done it before.
illuminated

Re: yet another one!

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:07 am

Welcome to the forum Candace !

Congratulations on your previous weight loss. You certainly know what it takes too lose it, all the best for this time round :)

Do you have any 8 wk goals for when your partner comes back ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby illuminated » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:48 pm

I would like to lose 7kgs. But I will be happy with 5kgs.

Im just taking it one day at a time!
illuminated

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:07 pm

Both are very achievable !! Good Luck :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Alamana » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Hi Candice,

Welcome :D I can completely relate to your story - I too met my man and have beefed up. It's amazing how easy it happens especially when you get into that 'relaxed and comfortable stage.'

Just imagine how great you will look when your man gets back! How exciting! Maybe I should tell my bf to go away for a few weeks! hehe

Good luck with it and I look forward to speaking with you more as we lose those kilos!!

Kel
Alamana

Postby ellecee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 pm

Welcome to you Candace and all the best on your journey :)
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Return to Introductions