It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Free Newsletter

New..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New..

Postby chocoholic » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:33 pm

G'day.
I'm 18 and, you guessed it, overweight.
On the outside I don't look that overweight, but I'm 5"7 and weight around 90kg. I almost cried when I looked at the scale. I fit into a women's size 16.
A couple of years ago I had severe depression and social anxiety, so I was put on medications (setraline and quetiapine). Both have a side effect of weight gain. But am I just making excuses?
When im in public, I feel that people are looking at me thinking "look at that fat girl sitting there". I feel even worse when Im eating in public.
Over the last year I basically let myself go. My mother would often comment on my weight, I would just accept it, then cry when I was alone.
Today was the last straw. I was at my grandmothers house, just as we were leaving, she was telling me she was proud that I got into University, then she basically told me to stop eating (in different, more hurtful words). I was shocked. I just smiled and we left. Then I got into the car and my mum asked what was wrong, and I just burst into tears. I just wanted to rip the fat off me.
Mum was supportive though, she said she would say I was "fat", that Id just gained quite a few kilos. She offered to sign me up to weight watchers to help, but I said no. We decided that I should go see my doctor again, so im booking that tomorrow.
Sorry that I have ranted on, I felt like I needed to get that out of me. I just need support and help to fight the weight.
According to the BMI calculator, my BMI is 30, which means I am obese, but I know i'm not.
Thanks for reading this
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

Goals:
1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSSKqVQ/
chocoholic

Re: New..

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 pm

Dont beat yourself up so much, so you gained weight? you can loose it again and you want too! so your half way there... take little steps that lead to big changes and take each day as it comes. You'll be feeling sexy and look at me again in no time :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby chocoholic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:29 pm

Re-reading my post, I was a bit fired up last night, but i'm calm now and positively thinking :wink:

Goals:
1. 91kg (my original SW)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg

chocoholic

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:45 pm

Hi chocoholic :P

Welcome to the forum...if you want help, support and understanding, you've definately come to the right place. I was feeling terrible this morning and really ready to throw in the towel, but the people here are so encouraging. Regardless of what you're feeling, there's someone here who's in the same position as you to help you get through it.

Don't apologise for being fired up...use that energy as determination to change your life!!

You can do it!!! :D

And - congratulations for getting into Uni!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi Chocoholic

Good luck with the weight loss, its great that you've got your mums support. And Ali76 is right, when ever you get fired up use it as motivation.
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Heya chocoholic !

First welcome tothe forum !
Secondly ... I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your name :D

All the best on your weight loss journey !
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby matchbox » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:58 pm

hey chikki! firstly, welcome to the forum :) it really is a great, friendly, supportive place, they never let you give up here :lol: just kidding.

how much are you wanting to lose? you don't look that big :) i'm 19 and started out with 30kg to lose - now i've only got 7 left to go :)

you CAN do it!

feel free to yell out or PM if you need anything, and feel free to ask as many questions as you like - that's what we're here for!

best of luck and i can't wait to see your progress :)

lexi
xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby chocoholic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Thankyou everyone, you've made me feel really welcome :)

how much are you wanting to lose?

I think i'll make a starting goal of 10kg, but I would like to lose more. I think 70kg is a good weight for my height.

Secondly ... I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your name

Thanks! I am a big chocolate fan, I crave it heaps!

And - congratulations for getting into Uni!!

Thankyou! :mrgreen: I'm proud of myself, I didn't get a very good score for my VCE (health reasons, etc) so I think this is a chance to show people i'm alot more than a lazy person!

Thankyou again :lol:

Goals:
1. 91kg (my original SW)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg

chocoholic

Return to Introductions