It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Free Newsletter

A new beginning

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A new beginning

Postby New Beginnings » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi all,

Ok, I finally plucked up the courage to post a message - you guys are inspirational! Ihave been checking out your posts and pics!

Today is the first day of my new beginning (hence my log in name), I have been overweight my whole life - times are a-changing!

With the support of my loving DH and hopefully with the support of my fellow weight loss friends I will (finally) succeed in my weight loss journey!

I have tried everything from WW, Jenny Craig, Lite n easy, meal replacements - and I am still back where I started - I have decided that it's time for a lifestyle change - no more will I be the "fat, funny girl" I have been that person for too long!

My ultimate goal is to loose weight so we can have kids - we've been married for 18 months now, DH has told me that he would like me to get healthier before we have kids - which is a fair call - I want to be a good influence on our kids when we (finally) have them! DH has promised to be with me every step of the way - even offering to learn how to cook so I can have a night off every now and then!

I am an emotional eater - always have been! If I'm sad - I eat, if I'm happy - I eat, If I am bored - I eat! It's a natural reaction!! :)

Anyway - I hope I can support and encourage you guys in your journey - and I hope you guys are ok with offering advice and encouragement when I am having one of "those day" - maybe you can even distract me from the fridge in one of my sad/happy/bored moments!!!

New Beginnings

Re: A new beginning

Postby chocoholic » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 pm

Well done on making a big change :D
Everyone is very kind and inspiring here.
Good Luck :D
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

Postby Jodie91 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Well done on starting your journey

I personally have found this forum a great distraction from the fridge when you want to eat just log on and read read read :)

Good Luck may your weight fall off
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:15 pm

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your weight loss. You have very good reasons to motivate you which should help a lot! I'm sure the forum will give you all the support and advice you need to get there. Enjoy the journey!

Postby oostevens » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:48 am

Welcome :) and its great to have ya here :)

We shall support u in any way that we can :) You have made an awesome desicion :) to change your life :) and believe me its the best decision you have made :)

You are starting your journey to a healthier and happier you :)

Soon you will be the thin, funny, happy, full of life, girl :)

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby Czarina » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:13 pm

Welcome :D

Having a great support system is half the battle and with your hubby and this place, you're well on your way to being the you that you want to be!

Return to Introductions