It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Big girl signing in!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Big girl signing in!

Postby Edy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 pm

Hey all!

I am 19, 5'9 and currently ~112kg. Thanks to depression, anxiety, OCD and medication (along with horrible eating habits, of course!) I have stacked on the weight in leaps and bounds. I managed to hover around 75-85kg for years after gaining the initial weight (up from 63kg), interspersed with relatively successful dieting attempts. After each recent successive relationship failure however, the weight has just continued to pile on.

I have tried Weight Watchers, Lite 'N' Easy and a litany of fad diets. Most have worked, but not long-term. I have always known that it is simple lifestyle changes that will lead to long-term weight loss but I have found it hard to walk by the quick and easy route. I am planning on this year being the end to all that! After finally getting other aspects of my life on track, I feel like it is finally time to tackle the big one.

I am not usually one to air my dirty laundry, but after a few false starts already this year, I am hoping that by joining this forum and writing this post I will feel like I have a responsiblity to stick to my goals.

May I also say that it is extremely inspiring and motivating to see the success that so many of you have achieved. Keep up the great work guys! :D
Edy

Re: Big girl signing in!

Postby neelam » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi:

Wow I feel like I've read a message from a mirror image of mine. I am 30 years old and have been suffering from OCD and anxiety, ofcourse taking many medications and putting on heaps of weight. I have entered this forum with the same intention. I used to weigh 45 kg around 6 years back and now I am double. WHen people meet me after a long time, they say "what happened to you". My clothes dont fit me anymore, I'm depressed and have an apetite I cant control. People ask me "don't u want to be the same as before again", my answer is ofcourse I do but it is very hard. I have tried dieting etc but always give up. So I have figured that I need support and so have joined this forum. I would love you join up with someone who would like to start an exercise and diet program together so that we can achieve our goals and motivate each other. I live in Sydney, Wentworthville area, and if there is anyone from that area,I would love to meet up and lose weight together. :)
neelam

Postby Fireball » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:18 am

Hey Edy

Wow it looks like you have had a lot of hurdles to deal with. Congratulations on joining the forum and making that comittment that you are going to succeed. Goodluck.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 am

Hey Edy and Welcome :D

This is the year for YOU and you will do it. Have faith in your willpower and your determination to change your lifestyle and you will see the changes. Trust me :)

Reading your intro, was like I was reading my own. C'mon girl, you can do this :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby oostevens » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 am

WELCOME :) its great to have you hear :) look forward to hearing of your process
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Brookey » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:45 pm

That is exactly how I feel.
I have just recently started seeing a psychologist regarding family and other issues leading to anxiety and depression. Yea, my diet isn't that crash hot.. it never really has been I guess.. but I have no doubt in my mind that my weight gain had a lot to do with my anxiety and depression.
Starting 20th February
Brookey

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:26 am

welcome!

You wont find a better place to start than here! Everyone is excellent with advice and encouragment. If you need anything just ask :!:

looking forward to seeing your progress :D
140/117/85
big_love

Return to Introductions