It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:50 am

Free Newsletter

Jumping on the bandwagon

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Jumping on the bandwagon

Postby Cazzoom » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum but it seems like a great place to go to for encouragement and support.

Im Cazz, Im 33 and have been overweight my whole adult life. I just kept on getting bigger and bigger. I've been through a heck of a lot, especially the last 4 years but Im hoping to change that.

I have been married to my wonderful hubby for almost 11 years now and before we got married we started trying for a baby.
It took us 7 years and 7 months and fertility drugs to get pregnant but we lost the bub pretty early on.
After the miscarriage I spiraled in and out of depression and it certainly did not help with the weight problem.
Since that first miscarriage I have been through many fertility treatment cycles including IVF managing to get pregnant again another 9 times, both on treatment cycles and miraculously on my own as well. But I lost them all. The most recent in November 06.

Obviously The emotional weight gain is as tremendous as the physical weight gain but it seems that my being overweight (or more correctly morbidly obese) might be the last obstical between me carrying a pregnancy to term

It didnt help that with every fertility cycle I would put on 10kgs and then only manage to lose 8 of them giving me an extra 26kgs.

In November 06 after the last miscarriage I decided to lose weight once and for all. I got myself a personal trainer and went on a diet. Then I injured my shoulder and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia(FM) and eventually had to stop with the trainer because the FM had affected my back which gave me crippling sciatic pain, I also had problems with my shoulder and my wrists making weight training etc almost impossible.

Ive been on my meds for about 6 months now and feeling a lot better. In december(2 weeks before christmas I started on a meal replacement program and I purchased an elliptical trainer and a recumbant exercise bike and have lost just over 13kgs.
I still have a long long way to go. Probably another 45-50kgs but I am so so determined to lose weight this time. I have never had the mindset that I have now. I have never been more motivated that I am at this point in my life.

My drive to have that full term pregnancy as well as a healthier me is finally such that it is outweighing everything else that has ever held me back.

I know this has been a long introduction but I guess I needed to get it all out. I really hope that I didnt bore anyone.

Re: Jumping on the bandwagon

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Hi Cazz and welcome !

Firstly, I am so sorry for all the pain that you have endured on your journey to conceive, however, if you would...please allow me to congratulate you for being strong enough to make this lifestyle change, to achieve your dream.

I had tears in my eyes reading your story, although I can't say I've reached the IVF side, I have been trying to conceive for 8 years now with little luck and 2 miscarriages.

Good on you for doing this ! Feel free to holla out or PM if you EVER need any help or even encouragement to keep going. 2008 will be the year for you :D

Oh by the way, which meal replacements are you on ?
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg

Re: Jumping on the bandwagon

Postby Cazzoom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:24 am

Thanks for your reply.

Im currently doing the celebrity slim diet. I was originally put on the optifast(better known as opticrud) but I couldn't hack it it was horrible!

I read up on the celebrity slim program and it was practically the same.

The celbrity slim is indeed much much better as well as being much more tastier as well as having more varieties. I think its a big part of how much weight I have lost. Gotta love the berry fudge bars, they are the best!!!!

Thank you also for your kind words. Infertility and miscarriage have been the hardest thing I have ever had to endure in my life. I figure that if I can keep myself sane through so much loss, losing weight should be a breeze....right???? :shock:

Thanks again

Return to Introductions