It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Hiya - finally =] !!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiya - finally =] !!!

Postby deej » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Hi everyone! Name's Dave. I'm from Freo, WA. I've been lurking for a few weeks I guess.... I couldn't wait to join a Group Weigh-In, but have been struggling to get down to a weight that will register on my new scales. Well finally I made it!!

I have to say that I've been really inspired by so many of you on this forum. I've copied lots of inspirational quotes, and many of your stories have brought a tear to my eye. And I've laughed too - bferbear, you're an absolute crackup =] !!!! The collective knowledge of members on this site is awesome too...sure there's some disagreements, no but more than all the "health professionals" out there...I mean how much confusion does it cause, all those thousands of different diets.

Umm...so what am I doing! I'm currently using Lite n Easy for Brekky and Dinner (1500 plan) and I'm using it in conjunction with the Calorie king website. I've been having roughly 2000 cals per day, and then burning up 600 - 1000 cals through exercise. I eat some of the calories back (200 or so) as CK suggests you do, but I don't want to eat for the sake of it, if I'm not hungry, and not lacking energy. Plus I've just got used to eating smaller portion sizes and my body is used to it!

Exercise is usually lots of km's on a recumbant bike. I've travelled over 970 km in the last month and mark it off with a highlighter on a map of Australia. Just passed Carnarvon and now on the way to Port Hedland =] I'm lucky enough to live across from the beach, so often have a swim, though it's more a play in the surf than actual exercise.

Well sorry for all that dribble! You're all amazing...good luck with all of your goals and aspirations. I'm off to the Weigh-In threads to finally post my weight.

Cheers
Dave
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEsR60S/]
[/url]
deej

Re: Hiya - finally =] !!!

Postby electrongirl » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:05 am

Hi Dave!!

Another fellow West Aussie!!

This is a great place for support & advice!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Cazzoom » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:28 am

Hi

I am new too so just thought I would say Hi :lol:

Cazz
Cazz
Cazzoom

Postby Kimmie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi Dave -- your idea of marking your progress on a map of Australia is awesome! It will be so cool when you make a full loop of the country. I can imagine that would take ages.

I'm new too, but it sounds like you've been lurking a bit, whereas I just discovered this forum and went "that's what I need!!!"

Good luck with your new lifestyle -- I'm looking forward to cheering you on at the weekly weigh ins!
Kimmie

Postby deej » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks very much Nikki, Cazz and Kimmie for your welcomes =]
[/url]
deej

Postby MissReena » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi Dave,
I am a West Aussie also living just down the road in Mandurah. Welcome to the site, I have been here a week and the guys are amazing... They are so inspirational!
I love your idea of the map, great work!
xxx
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Hey Dave

Welcome to the Forum :lol: Loads of support for you here cant wait to see your progress :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby matchbox » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:19 pm

hey dave, welcome to the forum :) another west aussie here :) yell out if you need anything! :) and best of luck :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby sassi » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 am

hi & welcome dave!

looks like you're already having some success - looking forward to reading more :)
sassi

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:03 pm

Hi Dave,

Good on you for joining..I lurked a little too, but not for long coz I know this site is what I needed. Well done for making the choice to get healthy, I look forward to watching your progress. Yell out if you need anything.

Cheers and goodluck
140/117/85
big_love

Postby deej » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks SOoo much everyone for your welcome. I'm somewhat overwhelmed and you are all very much appreciated! :D Really looking forward to getting to know people better, and being able to offer support to others as well.

Dave
[/url]
deej

Return to Introductions