It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:47 am

Free Newsletter

Hi, I'm Brooke

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi, I'm Brooke

Postby Brookey » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi I'm Brooke, I'm 21 and I have recently made the decision to lose some weight.
I have never been a skinny girl although I used to be a lot thinner. I weigh approximately 95kg and my goal is to be around 65kg.
I have a large frame so I think 65kg is an appropriate goal. The thing is... I am scared of scales. :cry: I avoid at all costs jumping on the scales so I honestly don't know how much I weigh.

My boyfriend Rohan is tall and lean, and pretty much eats whatever he wants - without putting on weight. Living out of home with him means that we generally eat the same food, same amounts at the same time. I put most of my weight on since Rohan and I started going out 1.5 years ago. They say that tends to happen when you are comfortable in a relationship.. :) I must admit my diet was a lot healthier when I lived at home and my mum was cooking..! :roll:

At the moment I eat a lot of take away - it's convenient and easy. I don't like cooking much.. but I need to start. I also like to have a drink or two on the weekends, or on Wednesday's at my local pub. I do, however, drink at LEAST 2L of water per day, generally when I am at work, which has also done wonders for my skin.

My plan is to:
[*] Do 30-40 minutes of walking/time on the cross trainer at home 4-5 times a week.
[*] Continue drinking 2L of water per day
[*] Cut down on drinking - being Designated Dave is not so bad anyway. :lol:
[*] Make sure I eat breakfast EVERYDAY
[*] Take notice of the fat content/calories/sugar in the food I eat.
[*] Stop making excuses..! :oops:

Anyway I look forward to talking with all of you and hearing your success stories. :D

Starting 20th February

Re: Hi, I'm Brooke

Postby Kimmie » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi Brooke! I'm also new -- just joined yesterday.

I have the same problem with my partner -- he is tall and muscular. He's 25 but eats as though he were still growing! When we were first living together I had the same problem -- eating as much as him, as often as him. But in the past few months I've stopped that. Usually my meals are half (or less) the size of his, and when we eat at the shopping centre, he has his Oportos or Red Rooster or whatever, and I just have a sushi roll or two! It helps a lot, and it avoids all the guilty feelings later.

Good luck with you weight loss! Rohan might not understand the vigilance and hard work involved, but we do! I for one will be cheering you on. :)

Postby Brookey » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:33 pm

aww thanks!
yea I might need a little more support from him.
I'll be watching the biggest loser so hopefully that will motivate me too..!
Starting 20th February

Postby amanda_81vic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:36 am

Hi Brooke,
you sound like me but i just had my first baby and gained an extra 13kg's on my already overweight frame, my turning point was when my partner of 3 years said he is going to put me on the biggest loser.... yep i felt like it was the wake up call i needed so it is important your man knows how hard it is to lose weight and supports you all the way so good luck with your journey and if you need someone to chat to about anything please don't hesitate to contact me Good Luck Again Amanda
Amanda 99kg's 40 to lose

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Brooke, Good luck with your weightloss. I think so many of us have gone through what you have on this forum so you'll find a great support network here. And with any luck when Rohan sees how great your looking and feeling in a few weeks he will probably decide to eat what your eating and join in the excerise which make the last leg even easier. Again good luck with your weight loss. :)

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:47 am

Hi Brooke

Welcome to the forum

I know how you feel about living with your man. i put the most of my weight on when i met my bf and I put it down to the food we ate and also getting comfortable.

Hope you enjoy your the forum there is loads of support and always someone around that can answer your questions. :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG

Return to Introductions