It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:58 am

Free Newsletter

Hi There I'm New

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi There I'm New

Postby Caramel Swirl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:15 pm

Hello There

Well, I have been lurking around the forum now for a couple of weeks and thought that it was about time that I joined in. I have been really inspired by the stories of members and and have already found some great advice.

Okay, so a little bit about myself. I am 29, living in Adelaide and recently got married. I have struggled with my weight since my teenage years - I actually can't remeber a time when I was happy with my body. I'm somewhere around 75 kilos but can't be sure as I don't have scales and refuse to use the one's at my gym as people are always going past them...I am purchasing a set of digital scales this week so will post my exact weight then.

In the lead-up to my wedding I managed to lose around 6 kilos, however that is all back on now :( I must admit that I have not been very healthy of late and my eating has been very bad. I absolutely adore food - especially savoury snacks like chips and I totally love cheese (Mersey Valley is my enemy!) In the last few weeks I have noticed that my work pants which were always quite comfortable are now tight!! It's a horrible feeling and I just generally feel uncomfortable. I also feel like people are staring at me and the thought of running arcoss anyone that I haven't seen for a few years is horrifying as I know that I look quite different to a few years ago.. :(

I've got a short term goal set of 67 kilos which I'd like to reach by the end of May. My husband and I have just booked a trip to Fiji with a group of our friends. Ekkk, this means being seen in public in bathers :oops: It's a problem not just because of my weight but I am also very untoned. I am a member of a gym but haven't been going much lately so will have to get back into it this week. The group that we are going to Fiji with are also all skinny-minis and super-fit! So hopefully this will give me extra motivation.

My long term going is 60 kilos - I don't think I've been that weight since I was 15.

Great to meet you all and I look forward to sharing in your weight-loss journey's!

CS :D
Caramel Swirl

Re: Hi There I'm New

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:57 pm

Good luck, having a trip to look forward to is a great motivation. I'm going to Fiji at the end of April (although i will still be covering up with boardshorts, i've got a long way to go before i will feel comfortable showing a bit of thigh.)
Good luck with the weight loss.
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi CS (great name by the way!!),

I'm a South Aussie too and around the same weight so we can compare results :)

Congratulations on your wedding! Where was it?

Good luck!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Caramel Swirl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi Tarz and Ali!

Tarz - the Fiji holiday is great motivation! I always get ravenous around 4 pm but resisted the choc and chip box at work today and instead guzzled water as I thought about having to don the bathers in public! I think I too will be going to board-short look - I absolutely hate my thighs, I have some unsightly cellulite going on :( Where about in Fiji are you staying? Where going to the Sheraton Denarau.

Ali -yahh another SA girl! I love caramel sweets so just had to have that in my name ;) Oh great I'd love to compare results with you! That will be a good motivator too.
I got married at Woodstock Winery in McLaren Vale - it was a great venue. When I get brave enough I'll post some pics!
Caramel Swirl

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:18 pm

My fiance and i are going to Suva, we are going to a wedding there (which is why i want to fit into the sari my future mother in law bought for me) and we are going to be choosing the reception hall we are having our wedding at (my fiance is fijian and we are having two weddings one in Sydney the other in fiji) We have to do all that in 9 days as well as me meeting all his family and friends. I can't wait to just lie on the beach with the white sand and clear water. That and the market shopping.
Tarz

Postby Caramel Swirl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Tarz - your upcoming wedding sounds so exciting!! I am still in wedding mode having only been married 3 months myself. It is such a great time! A wedding in Fiji will be amazing - you'll have to post some wedding pics afterwards.
A wedding is also such a great motivator! I only lost 6 kilos in the lead-up to my wedding but it made a difference and I was quite happy with the loss.
You'll be strutting around in that Sari in no time! :)
Caramel Swirl

Postby ForMe » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Mmmm....Mersey Valley......God have Mercy on me!
Too corny, I know. Welcome Tarz!
Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Return to Introductions