It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

hi there :]

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hi there :]

Postby leeni.s2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:42 pm

hey there.
wow, i have been reading alot of the experiences that you guys have posted on this forum and it has just motivated me to do this. i'm 19, weigh 92kg and just manage to fit into size 16 clothing. i have been at this weight constantly for the last year. according to my bmi, i am borderline overweight/obese, knowing this just scares me, but everytime i try to change my lifestyle, i fall back into old habits, and just give up.

after spending a weekend away with friends, i have realise just how unhealthy i am (i couldn't walk up a steep 10 minute flight of stairs at the beach without feeling like i was about to die). i really want to lose weight, look good, feel good and just be healthy. i used to play sports in my first few years in high school, but i have just been slacking off since then and the only exercise i do is a few one hour walks around my area.

i've always been to embarrassed to join a gym or exercise in public. i have just joined the kate morgan weight loss program and i am hoping to slowly lose this weight. i don't have a specific weight loss goal, i just want feel healthy again.

being in a household where my dad is a chef, makes it hard for me. he likes to cook new things and if i only eat small portions or decline, he gets upset because he thinks i don't like his food. it's a hard environment to try and lose weight.. my mum will keep telling me i'm fat, but doesn't encourage me when i try to lose weight. which is why i think this forum will be an excellent means of motivation for me.

i'm hoping that the kate morgan program works and is easy to stick by. i would love to hear from others who are on this program and how it's working for you.

leeni.

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Re: hi there :]

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:49 am

Hello & Welcome to the forum :)

Good luck on your journey, I would die if I had anyone in my family that ws a chef ! Have you tried speaking to dad and tell him that you are watching what you eat now ? You never know, he may have a few recipes up his sleeve that will surprise you :)

Looking forward to sharing your journey with you :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Tarz » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:28 am

Your dad being a chef could be a really good thing. Tell him you want to be carefull with what you eat and maybe suggest what sort of things you want to eat, he might come up with some great stirfrys or chicken dishes that aren't high in fat. Plus you know you won't get processed food with him around. Maybe your mum will become more encouraging when she sees how serious your are about the weightloss.
When i was 19 i weighed 93kg so i know exactly how it feels. Stuck between size 16 and 18.
What sorts of sports did you use to play? i found getting back into it helps. i'm now playing indoor netball on monday nights and starting field hockey next week. When your playing sports you don't feel like your excercising at all. Any way, look forward to seeing your progress and good luck with your weightloss
Tarz

Postby leeni.s2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:18 pm

i'll give it a shot and speak to my dad, but the majority of his meals are full of oil and salt.. he says it's what gives the meal its flavour..

i used to play basketball and badminton at school, i enjoyed it, but i havent really played since. some of my friends are involved with mixed netball and i was looking to get into it, but with work and uni, i can't find time, i know it sounds like an excuse, maybe if ive got more time, i will look into it cos i really did enjoy sports!

thanks for your warm welcomes, i look forward to sharing my journey and sharing in yours.

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Return to Introductions