It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

G'day!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

G'day!

Postby Fifi6 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:39 pm

Were to begin .......... I have been battling my weight for the past 20 odd years and have had enough. I can actually say that I hate getting up and ready for work in the mornings because I haven't got anything that fits me and that looks good. I live in WA and we have been having a massive heat wave - so finding clothes that fit and are cool and look OK is virtually impossible. I have been reading all your posts and I know that I am not alone - but often it does feel that way. I am trying to set a good example for my 2 daughters who are 11 & 12. I don't want them to grow up with insecurities about their weight. I want to teach them to eat healthy, exercise regularly and be happy and content with the body they have been given. But how do I do that when I cannot even do the same for myself. I do have a lot of hangups about my weight and I do let it interfere with my day to day life - like I will try to avoid going out to dinners with people, work functions etc because I think that everyone is looking at staring at me because I am overweight!

Well I have finally decided that I have had enough - so no more whinging and whining about my weight - now is the time to do something about it. I am going to join Kate Morgan because I have been reading the thread and see that people are having success. I also feel that it would suit me with working - not having to worry about what to take for lunch. So please wish me well!

I will get my signature up and running after I do my weigh in - which I know will be up around the 81kilos mark (arghhhhhhhhh).

So now I will tell you a little about myself. As I have said I have 2 daughters and have been happily married for 15 years (I am 37 years young this July). I work full time and spend most of my evenings cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing (for the amount of work I do I should be a size 8!!!!).

I hate my job with avengence (only staying cause the money is good) - so come May I am out of there. I am enrolling in a Tearcher's Aide course at TAFE and I cannot wait. Maybe once I get my life in order - my weight might decide to follow - fingers crossed.

Anyway I am looking forward to getting to know you people - and hope that some of your success might rub off on me (pretty please!!!)

Thanks for listening to my miserable life story - but like a good fairy tale - I am hoping this has a happy ending attached to it!

Seeya
Elle (same name - definately not the same figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
xx
Fifi6

Re: G'day!

Postby MissReena » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Hey there Elle,
Welcome to the forum. I am quite new here too... but the people are so supportive I just had to stay! Hehe, I wanna wish you luck on your weightloss... and the new career path!
Much Love
Miss Reena
2009 is my year to Shine

Wk1 - 2kg, Wk2 - 2kg, Wk3 - 2.9kg, Wk4 - 3kg
MissReena

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi Elle - you've got some really admirable goals htere - to teach your daughters a healthy approach to living :) Good on you! I'm sure you can do this. I look forward to hearing about your progress and hopefully it cools down out your way soon. :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Did you send that weather to Adelaide?! 37 today, 38 tomorrow (for the cricket!) and 39 on Monday...!! AUGH!

Good luck with all your goals. With the help, support and motivation of this forum, you'll be at your goal in no time :D
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. You've made the right first steps in choosing a program and deciding to take a healthier approach to life.

Hope we can give you the support you need along your journey.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby leeni.s2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:47 pm

welcome elle!
i too am fairly new here, but reading some of the threads here are inspiring and are helping me keep to my goals!
also, i have just started the kate morgan program too, just 3 days ago, so it would be great to have someone to share the kate morgan journey with!
good luck!
x

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby ginger » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:05 pm

Hello. I am looking for a bit of support after going off track.
I am finding it difficult to remain strict but I have lost 5 kilos while on the replacement.
Lately I have lost my flow and have started grazing again. I want to get back on track.
I am 94 kilos. I do not want to give up hope.
Thank you.
Ginger
ginger

Postby leeni.s2 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:20 pm

hey there ginger!
you've come to the right place for support!
which replacement plan are you doing?
i, too, some days find it hard to keep to the eating plan.
i always keep a bottle of water with me.
and everytime i feel like eating something i shouldnt,
i skull some water and it makes my stomach feel bloated
and i no longer have the urge to eat..
although i dont know if skulling so much water at once is a good thing or not.
ahahah.
i dont want you to give up hope.
theres always hope!
good luck! :)
x

start date; 15 feb 08
first mini goal: 88kg ; much needed haircut. - accomplished
second mini goal: 80kg ; not sure yet
leeni.s2

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:00 am

Gday to you too

Welcome to the forum and congrats on wanting to do something about your weight. Living a healthy life and teaching your children the healthy way of life is fantastic!!!!! Massive support around here for you :D

Good Luck :D
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Return to Introductions