It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

A quick intro and hello to all

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A quick intro and hello to all

Postby butterflyaway » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name's Kristina and I'm from Sydney. I've joined because I need some support from like minded people to lose a bit of weight and keep it off. I was on here in the past under the username 'workinprogress' but I've decided to rejoin under a different name because I want a fresh start.

This forum was great during my first weightloss attempt and I'm sure that it will be now as well. I believe that it is important to be around people who are going through the same issues so that you can lean on each other in times of need and share knowledge to increase your weightloss power.

I've always struggled with my weight ever since I was about 9, always being a little chubbier than the rest of the kids. My teenage years were plauged with self doubt, low self esteem and the loss of so many dreams because of it. Worst of all, through this lack of self worth I have lost precious time that I will never get back. Altough I am only 23 I feel as though this journey and struggle with food has been going on for a lot longer. I truly believe that this is an addiction and needs to be actively stopped because if left unchecked it can have terrible life long consequences. Food is the worst drug of all because we all need to eat whereas we don't require drugs and alcohol to survive, so it's the hardest to addiction to break free from.

I am currently studying nutrition at a natural health college so I am very lucky to understand food and the body from a nutritional viewpoint, but of course I have struggled to actually put all of this knowledge in practise. I truly believe that nutrition is the key to health and slowly but surely I know that I will respect food and my body. My goal is to be happy and love my life and I know that feeling self concious about my weight is a part of my problem that I can change. I know that I am not terribly overweight but I know that when I lost weight last year and got down to 60 I was happier with my life and it also kept my PCOS in check. I want that happiness back and I want to finally win the war against emotional and boredom eating. I will do it, even if it takes longer than I want it to.

My plan is to eat a clean, nutritionally balanced diet. All the macronutrients: protein, fat (focus on increasing omega 3, eliminating saturated fats) and complex carbs are included. Increased vege and water intake. Also currently taking digestive enzymes and a multivitamin supplement for added benefit. I plan on doing a minimum of 30 mins of exercise a day, be it walking, cycling, aerobics...anything that gets me moving. :D

I wish all of you the best of luck in your weightloss journey and I hope to be just as supportive to all of you as you will be to me. 8)
Choice is something that empowers you, make sure that you're making the right one.

butterflyaway

Re: A quick intro and hello to all

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi Kristina and welcome back. Hope we can provide you with lots of support for your weightloss journey and I'm sure you can help us out with your nutrition knowledge! :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby ali76 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi butterflyaway :)

Welcome back, I'm sure you'll find all the support you need on here - they're a great bunch of people.

By the sounds of it, you'll be able to provide heaps of helpful insight yourself from your study. It also sounds like you're very determined and are looking at things the right way.

Best of luck, looking forward to sharing your progress :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby butterflyaway » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your replies and welcome. It's great to be back, I hope to stick around this time :lol:

I am able to provide some support in regards to nutrition and related topics but I am still on my educational journey so I don't know it all yet lol :D

I've always had an interest in nutrition since high school and love to experiment with different foods. Quoting Hippocrates, the father of medicine: "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food". I truly believe this to be, and slowly it's sinking into my way of life.

Cheers to all!!!
Choice is something that empowers you, make sure that you're making the right one.

butterflyaway

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:10 pm

Welcome back! I am also a returner to the forum. I'm hoping that it can distract me from my snacking and also provide me another source that I will be accountable to with weigh-ins etc.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Return to Introductions