It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:58 am

Free Newsletter

Back again

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Back again

Postby Serena » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:04 pm

Hi all! I've not posted for a while - maybe up to 6 months. I guess I've been pretty slack on the weighloss front. It's good to see a lot of new names on the boards, and a lot of the oldies too (I guess you guys have a lot more dedication than me!). I haven't had a good look yet, but there seem to be a lot of very interesting new threads on here. 12 week challenge - what a great idea! I'll definitely be in on the next one. So where am I up to? Well, this morning I weighed in at 141.5kg. Not good. Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 28 and my boyfriend proposed. Very exciting and about time too. But I guarantee I will not be getting married at 141kg, so I'm very motivated to lose weight this time. Also a few weeks ago, we bought a treadmill so I have no excuse really. I'm not working so have plenty of time to workout (theoretically) but hope to return to study in July. I'm committed to getting my life running smoothly and losing all of this weight. I have over 70kg to lose and my goal was to do that by my birthday next year. I will leave that as my loose goal, but I understand it may not be all that realistic. I know I can do it if I get everything working well together. I'm hoping Dr Phil is going to help me with that. His Ultimate weight solution; the 7 keys to weightloss freedom seems very promising and I'm working my way through it. Well, that's probably enough for now. Hope to see everyone around.

Postby Dolly » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi Serena, welcome back!
Feel free to join into any of the on going challenges at any point.

Happy birthday for yesterday and a big Congratulations on your engagement!
Last edited by Dolly on Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby LadyBug » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:56 pm

Congrats on your enganement :D and welcome back!

I have heard great things about dr phils book..
best of luck
xoxo ~Ali

Postby Angel » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:23 pm

Welcome back Serena,

Dr Phil's book is great for finding out why you are overweight - the deep seated issue, he believes that we are getting a reward, a payoff for being overweight. It makes sense, if it was all bad why would we stay this way!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, what a great incentive to lose weight for your special day. Great move on getting a treadmill with the cold weather coming up - no excuse not to exercise, in fact its a great way to stay warm!

Good luck on your journey,
catch you in the forum,

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:29 pm

Welcome back serena,
what a great motivation to getting fit and healthy...and then you can have the motivation of enjoying a long and happy and healthy life together!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby carleyjt » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:26 pm

Congratulations on your engagement and welcome back :D

Postby Fairie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:15 pm

Hi Serena, good to see you again and congratulations on your engagement. :D

I have been so busy lately and my weightloss journey has stalled for a bit but I will be getting back into it now and will look forward to loosing weight with you again.

Postby Groovychic » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:55 am

Congrats on your engagement Serena. May your life with this man be happy and full of love! Well done on buying the treadmill. Everytime you look at it you will think well i've spent the money I may as well use it. Thats what I think most of the time. The advantage of a treadmill is that you don't slow down after a while like you do when you are walking outside, so you keep that momentum up. Plus I get mine up to 7.5ks an hour and i know I don't walk nearly that fast outside. So I can get a sweat up and keep it going for a fair while. I like to do at least a 40 minute session as you don't start burning fat until after the first 20 minutes. Well that is what I have been told a long time ago. I have lost nearly 10cm on my stomach by doing this with the treadmill, sweating and exercising for a minimum of 40 mins. I try to do an hour most days, but some days is less because of other committments. Happy Birthday for the other day as well! You certainly got a great pressie from your fiance!

Keep Smiling!!!

Return to Introductions