It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:07 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss for baby reasons

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss for baby reasons

Postby Cac33 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:06 am

Hi everyone. I have always struggled with my weight since I was in high school but I finally have a reason to make this happen, I'm planning on having a baby! I'm so excited but would like to loose weight & be more healthy before we start trying to conceive. Below is my aim but the doctor says not to worry about the actual weight loss & if I don't get to my goal weight just to improve my health by eating better & exercising more regularly.
So I have improved my diet and am walking for a minimum of 45 mins a day (more on weekends).

Is there anyone out there in the same situation as me? I would love to hear what you're doing & any tips you may have.

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Re: Weight loss for baby reasons

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Cac - congrats on the baby planning and on joining the forum.

My husband & I have said that we'll start trying for a baby towards the end of the year, so I'm currently working on what I like to call my pre-baby body. I'd like to be at a good weight before getting pregnant just in case I put on weight whilst pregnant.

Have fun with the trying too, I've heard of some couples who put too much emphasis on trying to get preggers so that eventually censored becomes a chore and we know we don't want that to happen!!!

Good luck with it all and I hope that you manage to improve your health & wellbeing the process.

Postby Blackdog » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:44 am

I actually slimmed down during preganancy, coz I only felt like eating fruits and veges and yoghurt.....couldn't stand the site of a chip! :roll: (I stacked it on when I had two toddlers and couldn't find time to exercise, and couldn't stand seeing food go to waste!)

I agree with your Doc. I would say concentrate more on getting fit and healthy. Pregnancy and birth put alot of strain on your body, and you'll fair much better if you are as fit as you can be.

Also, belly dancing is a fantastic way to condition your pelvic muscles.

You also lose weight while breastfeeding.

Good luck!

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi Cac,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on deciding to get a healthy pre-baby body! I would love to get preggers, but we're not really ready yet! Goodluck with everything, and have fun trying :wink:

Return to Introductions