It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:20 am

Free Newsletter

hello everyone!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

hello everyone!

Postby beccaebony » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:15 pm

hello everyone, i've just joined up and looking forward to checking out the other posts on here for some tips and support! anyway i'm 24 and from melbourne and i've got about 30kgs to lose.

the frustrating thing is that i've got a heart problem, so i'm limited in what i can do exercise wise and the tablets i'm on for another medical problem give me no appetite but at the same time make it difficult to lose weight. the good thing though is that they swapped me to these tablets from the others ones which made me gain an extra 20kgs during the six months i was on them (that was fun!).

luckily i've lost that 20kgs- however i consider my current weight my actual starting point cos this is what i was before i started the stupid tablets. i'm slightly impatient with the whole thing right now because although i can SEE i've lost weight and feel a lot fitter the last few weeks since i started my new programme i've only lost 2kgs or so.

my current goal is to be able to jog the entire 4km mothers day classic this year in may so i'm training for that. unfortunately i've been told that unless my heart function/blood pressure etc improve i won't be able to do it. (i really don't like my cardiologist sometimes :wink: ) weight loss will of course improve both, so that's why i'm here!
beccaebony

Re: hello everyone!

Postby shokoden » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi and Welcome! All the best can't wait to see your progress
shokoden

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:19 am

hey I too have a heart problem, but at the moment I would call it a heart condition than a problem, lol.

good luck and welcome!

Tanya
losebabyfat_2005

Postby beccaebony » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:07 am

thank you both for the welcome :)
beccaebony

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:27 am

Hi & Welcome Becca !!

Im sorry to hear about your condition, however with determination, motivation and resilience, I am positive that you will make that 4km walk :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby beccaebony » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:29 am

thank you!! i've been pretty good this week and i'm now a month ahead on my training, so i'm thinking about doing the 8km run instead of the 4km. we'll see though, if i can do 6kms by the start of april then i'm going for the big one! woo hoo!!
beccaebony

Postby Mandie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:35 am

Hey welcome aboard! Well done for losing 20kg already - that's a fantastic effort! Good luck with losing weight with your extra challenges too.. doesn't matter if it comes off slowly, long as it comes off!! :D
Mandie

Return to Introductions