It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:44 am

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mangokouie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:40 am

I'm Lori and I'm attending university for a semester here in Australia (I am originally from Boston). Since I am now far away from home, I can finally do something that I've wanted to do for a while. In addition, I think it would be swell to return back home with a whole new me.

I feel that I am a great person, but my self-image has always prevented me from doing certain activities. Sometimes I'm even embarrassed to wear anything except baggy jeans and a t-shirt, and that it's like a Scarlet Letter. I want to be able to walk with confidence no matter where I am.

I don't really have a set goal, though my tracker is set for 50 pounds (yeah, I'm still trying to get the conversions right). My actual goal is to be able to walk around and not be ashamed to show my stomach in public. This is going to take a while, but you gotta start somewhere.

Re: Greetings

Postby ali76 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:38 am

Hey Lori!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to Australia!! I hope you're enjoying your time here.

Imagine going home and leaving all your weight here...your friends and family would be so surprised!!

Good luck with Uni, living here and your weight loss - you've come to the right place for motivation!!

SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Re: Greetings

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Lori and welcome to the forum... and welcome to Australia :) I wish I'd had the guts to study overseas when I was at uni. Good on you! And what a fabulous goal to go home a fitter and healthier person. All the best for your weightloss journey.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Introductions