It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Lost my appitite ... for exercise!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Lost my appitite ... for exercise!

Postby winston25 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:36 am

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, I found it recently when looking for something else. What a find!? All these sources of support!

I'm 187cm tall, and to be honest I'm not too overwieght (around the 90kg mark). I am quite active and have been all my life. I represented the country in Soccer as a Junior, and recently have been playing in high divisions of Victorian leagues.

I turn 24 in a few months, however recently little things have been changing on my body which I want to stop now. In the last 2 years I've put on about 10kg in weight, and i'm starting to carry more and more injuries.

Things that never used to affect me are starting to be a pain, and i'm starting to feel my age, rather than being an indestructible teen.

My metabolism has definatly slowed, gone are the days of powering through 3 Large McDonalds meals a week without any change in my weight. Gone are the days of being able to take a few months off sport, and then jump back into it as I began.

Mt current fat percentage is roughly around 18% (I haven't checked it recently), and my aim is to get that down to around 12-13% by mid-year.

I look forward to posting on this site, and to your support. In return, I look forward to sharing my knowledge/experiences with you all, and offering my support in return.
winston25

Re: Lost my appitite ... for exercise!

Postby ForMe » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi F, you'll definitely get a lot of support here. I can tell you at 41 that it only gets harder to lose weight and get into shape so you are doing the right thing by seriously being mindful about the issues at your young age. You have the advantage of having been into sport so you will not find it as difficult to get into shape and be healthy. Having said that, it's a big hurdle for anyone, so congratulations on choosing to deal with it now. Looking forward to reading your posts!
Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Return to Introductions