It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:19 am

Free Newsletter

Ummm *looks around* New... *waves*

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Ummm *looks around* New... *waves*

Postby Nekko » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:53 pm

Hello Everyone. Most places I'm known as Nekko. Some call me Rikku. I have many names. ^^;;;;;;;;;

Anyways somehow the topic got to food and weight loss when I was talking to my friends on MSN. (Gold and Lunar here) I was talking about these new weight loss pills I bought to help me with losing weight, cause dieting and exercise just didn't seem to be enough. To be fair I've never been able to stick to a real diet. They hate me.

I'm seriously overweight. And I'm also one of the people who eat when they are bored or depressed.

I'm at 305 and my height is around 5'8" so I'm at serious risk here for health problems. At least everyone around me says so. *shrugs* I know I am, but I don't really think of *that* Its one of those things where you think "Never will happen to me"

I'm 23 years old. I still live at home with my parents. I have a good paying job and want to get serious about losing weight and being healthy. I don't want to live at home forever. **Not like being overweight will stop me from that** ((I'm so random))

I've recently became motivated to lose weight more so then ever because I have a boyfriend. Its a long distance relationship and we're very much in love, but have not had the chance to see face to face yet. I'm terrified that when he sees all 300 pounds of me, that he will not love me anymore. Just one of those things you can't make yourself not think about, even though he said I was perfect how I am and he didn't care if I was overweight or not.

Well, thats all for my intro right now. I can't think of what else to add. Feel free to ask me anything. *Never talked about her weight before. This is very embarrassing*

Nekko~
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/

With Lunar and Gold's support we all can achieve what we want!
Nekko

Re: Ummm *looks around* New... *waves*

Postby Gold » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Heya Nekko,

Aww no need to feel embarrassed I think everyone here knows what you mean by saying you have a goal you want to achieve and that it can be a little personal to discuss, weight wise I mean.

We can do it ^.~ I'm glad you joined its a very supportive place here and I'm sure all three of us can lose the weight or achieve the fitness we want here.

^.~

Gold :D :D :D

^.~ we can all do it lol
Gold

Postby Nekko » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:46 pm

Thanks a lot Gold.

And I think I should mention that I am American. Gold invited me here... so I talk in pounds and all this Kgs confuses me. Don't get me started on math and measurements. Haha my poor American brain.

lol

Nekko~

Nekko

Postby ForMe » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:48 pm

Welcome Nekko, you will find lots of support here, and I know what you mean about the long distance love and all that. It was a few years ago for me but I remember all the excitment mixed with the dread of meeting face to face. Looking forward to seeing your progress in pounds or kilos, I automatically convert and so do most Australians over a certain age. 1kg = 2.2 pounds. That comes from a lifetime of thinking about seriously losing weight, while watching it go up and up, and now I am finally committed to doing it. This forum has kept me going in the difficult first weeks and now I think I can really achieve my goal. You can too!
Hayles
xx
ForMe: Hayles
ForMe

Postby Nekko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:40 am

Thank you so much!

Hehehe when Gold told me about the place and I joined I had no idea it was a Australian based forum. I'm happy that Gold told me about this place and everyone seems really nice.

Today I officially started my diet, since last night it was really too late to do anything. *crosses fingers*

I think with everyone's support here and Gold and my other friend, Lunar's constant support, I'll be able to keep it up. Doing it alone just never seems to work. I always get discouraged.

Nekko~

Nekko

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:22 am

Heya Nekko !!!

Welcome to the forum :)

This place is full of support, we are all here to do the same thing...get healthy ! So there's really no need to feel embarassed :) I weighed in at my heaviest at 453lbs, Im now 407 pounds, can't wait till I can crack that 400 mark and say good bye to it forever ;)

To help you with the metric conversions, use this site http://www.metric-conversions.org/weight-conversion.htm. I find that its really helpful :)

I look forward to sharing your journey with you :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Nekko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:59 am

Thank you Goddess for your kind welcome and the link. Also thanks for sharing your story with me. It does make me feel a little better to know I'm not alone and I'll try not to feel so embarrassed about talking about the dreaded weight.

I did good today. Hehehe I ate like five small meals and a lot of water. Mind you, pretty darn healthy meals compared to what I used to eat. My last meal and sixth will be a nice yogurt snack. Hehehe

My boss told me that I didn't eat enough. But as long as I'm full then I will be okay, right?

Nekko~

Nekko

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:04 pm

Im no expert on this as Im currently on meal replacement shakes, howeveer .... if you don't consume the right amount of calories then your body will go into survival mode and store the fat that you consume, so you need to ensure that you are eating 1200 - 1500 calories.

How are you monitoring your weightloss ? calorie king ? weight watchers ? what sort of program are you on ?
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:12 pm

*waves* Hey and welcome to the forum...you'll love it here im sure. Good on you for changing your life...but remember you need to do it for yourself, and not for other peoples approval...It took me about 7 years to realise this! Im sure you'll do great, and there is plenty of help for you here. Talk soon :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Nekko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:35 pm

Thanks guys. Okay, I'll keep that in mind Goddess. And I'm not on any program. Just doing it without any program.

And I just started my diet officially this morning (its 8:34pm here), so I've had no weight loss to keep track of yet. lol

If people have MSN or YIM or AOL, for sure you can add me!

Nekko~

Nekko

Postby GoddessInside » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Good on you Nekko, you're going to do great :D
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Nekko » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Thank you so much Godd... er Helen (I learned your name!)

Nekko

Return to Introductions