It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:02 am

Free Newsletter

I want to be a yummy mummy!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

I want to be a yummy mummy!

Postby notsoyummymummy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:30 pm

Okay so here goes....

I'm Kate , I'm a 21yr old mother of a gorgeous little girl named Kiesha. I live with my boyfriend Ben and hopefully one day in the near future his son Connor will be able to join us.

I am trying to get my weight back under control after putting on 29kgs. I want to loose about 20 of that again. I found that I had alot of underlying proiblems (eg. depression) held me back and I just found my weight going up and down like a roller coaster. I'd loose 3kgs I'd put on 4. At the moment I have the other issues under control so I am really going to focus on my weight. I am trying to eat healthier although I am so fussy and I hate almost everything and I am going to the gym 3times a week and seeing a personal trainer once a fortnight. Anyways fingers crossed this time.

I am looking foward to getting to know you all and taking this journey together!

Re: I want to be a yummy mummy!

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:02 am

Hi Kate & welcome.

I understand all about the depression side of things, having just been recently diagnosed with severe depression. Its hard to function most of the time, so trying to lose weight can be a struggle, but it sounds like you are on the right track now!

You'll find heaps of support here! Everyone is really great!

Can't wait to hear about your journey!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby nutzy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:36 am

Hi Kate - once you start seeing the kilos fall off I am sure you will be more motivated and feel much better about yourself. 8)

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

Postby Mandie » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:45 pm

hi kate, welcome to the forum :) best of luck!

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Kate, Sounds like you have a lot on your plate but you'll find that once you get into fueling your body properly and doing some exercise you'll feel a hug difference. Kiesha is a gorgeous name. How old is she?

Good luck with your journey, we are all here to help each other.

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:55 am

Hi and welcome

I am also a 21 year old mum of a wee girl (her name is michelle and is 2 years 7 mth) and I also have struggled with depression.

We're all here for you any time you want to ask a question or talk, some of us have msn or you can private message.

Good luck

Postby Mummy84 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:10 am

Hi Kate,
I know the feeling of wanting to be a yummy mummy!! i had my little boy 3 months ago and im still struggling to lose weight and get to my target. All my friends around me who have had kids have managed to really quickly lose the weight and get back to their old bodies even after having c-sections and i the one that had a natural birth have found it more difficult. I'm 24 and am currently 70kgs although 3 months ago i was 90kgs in my 9th month of pregnancy. i want to be 60kgs in 6 weeks (got my best friends wedding coming up) eventually i would like to be about 55kgs which would suit my body and height perfectly but i know i cant get it all at once.. i didnt have deppression and i can only imagine how bad it would be. i have posted my introduction so feel free to see how i plan to lose the weight and i'll keep updating it weekly.. good luck with your goal.. we can all do it if we put our minds to it.. :D

Return to Introductions