It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Battling the Night Shift Bulge

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Battling the Night Shift Bulge

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:42 am

Hi everyone,

I started working night shifts three years ago and although I really do like my job it hasn't been good for my waist line. After watching my tummy slowly expand and having to buy new uniforms in the next size up every twelve months I've decided it's time to get serious about getting it all under control.

Being over weight to the degree I am is a new experience for me. I've never been one to eat a lot (we almost never have deserts after meals and I don't tend to snack) and I've always been pretty active so my weight for most of my life has sat around the 56 kilo mark (I'm only 5"1 or 156 cm tall.) My first brush with being overweight came after my third child in my mid thirties which I ended up going to weight watchers and loosing about ten kilos without much trouble. I was just under 60 kilo's when I started working as an associate unit manager on night shifts and over the past three years I've stacked on an extra 17 kilos. This is easily the largest I have ever been and I hate it. Not for the looks, I think you can look beautiful at any size, but because of the way it FEELS! I hate hate hate the sensation of the rolls of tummy flab rubbing together and how tight my clothes are across my middle and around my upper arms. I feel uncomfortable lying down because of the extra padding that I have to 'rearrange' to get comfortable.

Enough is enough, it's time it went!

I'd be interested in hearing from everyone and look forward to being in a supportive, healthy weight loss community.

I'm especially interested in hearing from members who are night shift workers or have been a good weight most of their lives and have only recently become overweight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Re: Battling the Night Shift Bulge

Postby Czarina » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 am

Welcome Chaypeta! I am sure you will find this little community very supportive and helpful in your weightloss journey, as I have. It sounds like you are really motivated to make a change in your life :D Good Luck!
Czarina

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Thanks Czarina, i appreciate the welcome. I've been skimming through threads on this board and it's very motivating just to read how everyone is doing.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:47 pm

hey, ive been doing 10pm-6am for nearly 6yrs and with working in a roadhouse ive gained a fair bit but some is thru my pregnacies but not losing it is from to much junk at my finger tips and not getting a good 8hrs sleep. goodluck to u.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby qtpie » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:45 pm

hey there, welcome!!!

nice to meet you, I hope you find this site helpfull and supportive and good luck with your weightloss, you can do it!!!!

Enjoy!!!
Stating date is 17th March 2008
SW: 91.1kg
CW: 88.1kg
GW: 68kg
Short Term Goal: 85 kg

FAILED
New starting date is 1st July 2009

Starting weight: 91.1kg
Amount of weight lost: 4.1kg
Current weigt loss: 87kg
Short term goal: 85kg