It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Free Newsletter

Hello, from another new member

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello, from another new member

Postby LillyPilly » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Hello,

I just want to introduce myself to this forum. Like you, I too am looking to lose weight. I've already lost a little bit and still have 16 kilos to go. For me, losing weight does not come easily as I suffer from chronic depression. I have made a resolution to lose weight and get healthy. My problem is not that I eat junk food it is my portion control. I have always been a bit mystified at how much I should be eating, I am following the Weight Watchers program at home, and look forward to being part of this forum. I hope to use the information and advice from members on this forum to help me achieve success.

Thank you for reading, LillyPilly.
LillyPilly

Re: Hello, from another new member

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:35 pm

Hi and welcome Lillypilly!!

I too have severe depression and can relate to how hard it can be do lose weight when your mind lets you down. I am also doing Weight Watchers, but I go to meetings.

In regards to the portion sizes etc, I find that weighing and measuring EVERYTHING is important. Its surprising how much a difference it makes!

Are you using the etools on the WW website at all? I do and find the online tracker a godsend!!

Well I can't wait to hear all about your progress and look forward to a smaller you!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Mandie » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:09 am

hi, welcome aboard! good luck with the weight loss - sounds like you're onto a good thing using WW, Nikki (electron girl) is our resident WW expert I believe so listen to her and her tips! :)

best of luck!
Mandie

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 pm

electrongirl wrote:Hi and welcome Lillypilly!!

I too have severe depression and can relate to how hard it can be do lose weight when your mind lets you down. I am also doing Weight Watchers, but I go to meetings.

In regards to the portion sizes etc, I find that weighing and measuring EVERYTHING is important. Its surprising how much a difference it makes!

Are you using the etools on the WW website at all? I do and find the online tracker a godsend!!

Well I can't wait to hear all about your progress and look forward to a smaller you!!

Thank you for your warm welcome electrongirl.

Yes, it is like that. I have days where I can not get out of bed and sleep all day and other days are good.

No I'm not using etools. I have a friend who lost weight with Weight Watchers and she gave me the points booklets and the booklets she recieved each week at meetings. I'm just using a note pad to keep track of my points. Yes I weigh and measure as much as possible, but I find somethings hard to estimate points for. Like stir frys so I just keep my portions small and estimate the points value.

It is nice to know there are others who are doing weight watchers. If I ever have a question about Weight Watchers I'll know who to ask :)
LillyPilly

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Mandie wrote:hi, welcome aboard! good luck with the weight loss - sounds like you're onto a good thing using WW, Nikki (electron girl) is our resident WW expert I believe so listen to her and her tips! :)

best of luck!

Thank you for the welcome Mandie.
LillyPilly

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:04 pm

Here's what I do when I am making something for the whole family eg stirfry:

lean steak 300g - 8 points
soy sauce - 0 points
garlic - 0 points
oyster sauce - 0 points
ginger - 0 points
veges: broccoli, cabbage, capsicum, carrot, onion, snow peas - 0 points

total for this stirfry is 8 points. I get 3 serves out of it so I round it up to 9 points and make it 3 points per serve.
I serve it with 3/4 cup of cooked basmati rice - 2.5 points

making the whole meal 5.5 points.

I do with with all meals I make. I add all the ingredients up and then divide it by servings.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby hysterical_oliver » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:43 pm

Hello and welcome, I hope you find all the information and support that you need here :mrgreen:
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby LillyPilly » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:40 am

Thanks for the welcome Hysterical_Oliver
LillyPilly

Return to Introductions