It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:44 am

Free Newsletter

So Hi

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

So Hi

Postby Elle » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 pm

Hi Everyone,

So today i've devided to get serious and lose weight!!!

Basically i need motivation, focus and mostly support, i have a great partner who is so supportive but on the other hand enables me. I'm hoping that the support from this site will help me achieve the goals that i am about to set myself.

I'm 23 years old, 5'10 and currently weigh 110kg. in the last 4 years i have put on around 30kg since moving from qld to melbourne with my boyfriend. I'm ready to get on with it and start down the long road ahead to lose 30kg. I'm hoping that putting it out there on a fantastic forum like this is the motivation that i need to get me started :) any advice on how to survive the first few weeks would be greatly appreciated

Elle xoxoxo

Re: So Hi

Postby noosa » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Good luck with it Elle :)

How has your initial week starting it been? Interested to learn what steps you have started to put in place.

Postby tania2573 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Hi Elle and welcome :)
You will definately get all the support motivation and focus you need from the wonderful people here
Looking forward to watching your progress and very good luck with your goals :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi Elle and welcome!!

Jump in where ever you feel comfy and all the best with your journey! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi and welcome. The first week or so is probably the hardest, I just kept reminding myself why I wanted to ose weight and the reasons why I needed to stay strong. I emptied the cupboards and fridge of anything that was even slightly bad and filled my ktchen with all the good stuff. I'm not saying you can never have anything bad, I found it a lot easier to resist the temptations while I was starting out by not having them there in the first place.

Anyways I hope you find everything you need here in the forums, I look forward to seeing your results!
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg

Return to Introductions