It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby jess1988 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Jess and I am on here to talk to other people about weight gain. :oops:

Im 20 years old and for the first 17 years of my life I was thin but since finishing school, giving up my sports and dealing with my compulsive overeating disoredr I hav gaines kilos and kilos.

I guess I want some weight loss tips and some motervation to start exersicing. I don't know why I find it so hard now. I used to be actively involved in sports but not now. I don'e feel comfiortable anymore. Time is factor too. I am a fuoll time Business Administration student with long hours of study and eating healthy and exercise is on the back (but at the same time the fromt).. [if you know what I mean] of my mind. :?

I just need help!!!

Jess :D

Re: Me!

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:57 pm

Hi Jess

Well you have made the first step by joining this forum. What I found really helpful when I was starting out was (besides this website) is It is a fantastic website & its free! You put in your personal details, height, weight & a few other questions then it works out how many calories you should be having a day to loose weight. You can get a menu made up for you or do it yourself & it will work out how many calories you have eaten. You also track your fluid intake, exercise & weightloss. You should check it out.

As for exercise I recommend starting with a reasonable amount of exercise on a daily basis (20-30min/day) then increase as your fitness allows.

Hope that helps!

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Return to Introductions